Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

41 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Seen him getting some stick today for some reason - I thought he kept Sterling completely in his box. Rattled him enough Sterling even got a booking. I like him, think there is a real player there and next season he will push on.

He absolutely played Sterling for that booking, Guardiola even reacted that Sterling was an idiot as if he knew the yellow was coming

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Foden was **** magic today though, looked a phenomenal player.

That said Guilbert was class today, really liked him and gave him motm. Knew he was in a 1 v 1 with Sterling from the off and showed pace and determination and some smarts too. Would Sterling up a treat and got him booked too.

True. Seen bits and pieces of Foden up to now and always thought meh some nice touches etc but light and flaky. He was brilliant today. Superb on the ball, positioning, even shouldered Grealish off the ball and won it back at one stage.

Some of you guys are crazy! 

The full blooded challenges and determination alone is worth his inclusion in the team alone. 

He's a valued member of the team. Defensively I think he is quality - offensively his final ball needs to be worked on. Remember this is his first season in the PL - let him adjust. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not a fan off him. 

A modern fullback that cannot cross. Nah, not for me.

yet you have previously said Taylor was a better option than Targett

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nope. I did at the start of the season. But Targett have improved since then.

so at the start of the season you wanted us to start a full back that couldnt cross even though its not your type of full back. Targett could always cross

• Haha 1

Interesting interview with guilbert about settling in, trying to learn English and the difficulty of making friends (said English stick together- not sure if he meant villas English players?).

Think it can be easy to underestimate how difficult it can be to settle in to a new team and country.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

so at the start of the season you wanted us to start a full back that couldnt cross even though its not your type of full back. Targett could always cross

Jury was still out on Targett. Looked poor in pre season and defensively looked very suspect at the start of the season. Still does to be fair 

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jury was still out on Targett. Looked poor in pre season and defensively looked very suspect at the start of the season. Still does to be fair 

But you want modern fullbacks to attack so preferred Taylor who couldnt even cross the halfway line

More flip flop opinions just like in Nyland and Engels thread. Found out 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But you want modern fullbacks to attack so preferred Taylor who couldnt even cross the halfway line

More flip flop opinions just like in Nyland and Engels thread. Found out 😂

You still have to be able to defend.

What are you even on about. Of course I have a change in my opinions like any other fan.

Players can improve. Opinions May or may not change.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You still have to be able to defend.

What are you even on about. Of course I have a change in my opinions like any other fan.

Players can improve. Opinions May or may not change.

Like your opinion Konsa went from 1st choice to 4th in 14 hours without playing a game. Give us a break buddy, the act is up 😉

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting interview with guilbert about settling in, trying to learn English and the difficulty of making friends (said English stick together- not sure if he meant villas English players?).

Think it can be easy to underestimate how difficult it can be to settle in to a new team and country.

Link?

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Like your opinion Konsa went from 1st choice to 4th in 14 hours without playing a game. Give us a break buddy, the act is up 😉

Did it?

I don't remember calling Konsa 4th choice. Engels played well against City and by doing so deserves to start. Would be the same with Konsa.

Why don't you stay on topic instead of raving about my posts in every single thread? This topic is about Guilbert not about my views on Engels and Konsa.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did it?

I don't remember calling Konsa 4th choice. Engels played well against City and by doing so deserves to start. Would be the same with Konsa.

Why don't you stay on topic instead of raving about my posts in every single thread? This topic is about Guilbert not about my views on Engels and Konsa.

You don't like people going off topic and hijacking a thread? 

Is it because thats your thing? 😂

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 2

Â