Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Seeing comments like "couldn't have happened to a nicer guy" from opposition fans is winding me up more than I ever thought I could be by strangers opinions on Twitter. People really think he's some kind of villain because he is very vocal about his beliefs. These are the same people who harp about leaving politics out of football when there's any little gesture they don't like, but they can't leave their goofy ass politics out of it when a human being suffered a nasty freak injury on live TV. The guy's as close to a saint as you can get in this game. Yes it's true that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy you freaks.

hope something hits them bad

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Showing support for one of our most iconic players in years is not "negative"

Showing support and that he is in our thoughts, is so far the opposite of that =]

While I do agree I think Mings is the type of guy that would prefer if we put all our effort into beating Everton and then doing some tribute after the game

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

While I do agree I think Mings is the type of guy that would prefer if we put all our effort into beating Everton and then doing some tribute after the game

Yeah i do agree with that zatman but i think giving him a boost from us fans might cheer him up because uts going to be a very long road for him and he has also talked about his mental health before

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rodders said:

for me, for the next few games, I'd go three at the back. Not ideal, but we can't be leaking goals left right and centre again.

Providing Carlos is somewhere near back to his best, I think he has to play for both his physicality and leadership/seniority.

SSN Super Sunday raving about how Newcastle have "lighted up the league, blew Villa away, couldn't handle them in the last half hour, amazing signings"....

No mention of Villa, signings, or more importantly our guy Mings who is now not going to play, in what should still be, one of the best Villa seasons for years. Though I guess if it was a Rashford, or or a Saka, it'd be the headline of the day, disgusting really, was totally ignored!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN Super Sunday raving about how Newcastle have "lighted up the league, blew Villa away, couldn't handle them in the last half hour, amazing signings"....

No mention of Villa, signings, or more importantly our guy Mings who is now not going to play, in what should still be, one of the best Villa seasons for years. Though I guess if it was a Rashford, or or a Saka, it'd be the headline of the day, disgusting really, was totally ignored!!

Not mentioning the Mings injury is very poor and, you’re right, if it was one of the media favourites they’d be talking about it all week.

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

for me, for the next few games, I'd go three at the back. Not ideal, but we can't be leaking goals left right and centre again.

We actually leaked goals right, right, right, right, and right yesterday 😬

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There's your problem right there.

Always surprises me when people are surprised by what people say on twitter.

Most football twitter is done by kids who are 13-19, they've never had a voice before, so they say outlandish things because they don't understand the context and haven't developed enough empathy.  They don't realise that people suffer and lasting damage is a thing, they're 11-19 and have probably never lost a grandparent.

I think people probably forget in the early noughtys, they were the ones going on rotten.com having a laugh with their mates at someone else's suffering.

Just ignore it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Where have you been for the last 7 years?

We were only briefly 'liked' for a small period in that time due to one of their buddies being manager here. 

Glad to see normal service has resumed.

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Most football twitter is done by kids who are 13-19, they've never had a voice before, so they say outlandish things because they don't understand the context and haven't developed enough empathy.  They don't realise that people suffer and lasting damage is a thing, they're 11-19 and have probably never lost a grandparent.

I think people probably forget in the early noughtys, they were the ones going on rotten.com having a laugh with their mates at someone else's suffering.

Just ignore it.

Absolutely correct.

An even better idea would be to stay away from it altogether?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Just ignore it.

"Ratio"

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Tbf if we'd beaten them 5-1 and they kept talking about their player getting injured in the 1st half when we were already winning how would you feel about that? 

We're everyone's dark horses this year and Newcastle just pulled off a hugely impressive win, of course that's what they're talking about 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where have you been for the last 7 years?

We were only briefly 'liked' for a small period in that time due to one of their buddies being manager here. 

Glad to see normal service has resumed.

I wouldnt be surprised if some media clearing in the woods like Murphy actually blames Mings for getting himself injured

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

Tbf if we'd beaten them 5-1 and they kept talking about their player getting injured in the 1st half when we were already winning how would you feel about that? 

We're everyone's dark horses this year and Newcastle just pulled off a hugely impressive win, of course that's what they're talking about 

Any serious injury to any player is a talking point, an even if it was a Newcastle player it would be bad news. 

It could have been mentioned we lost the fight because we lost our tailis man to a season ending injury. But no, it was all about Newcastle and there amazing new signings.

Well if we assume Mings career over or essentially over. If they see it's all his ligaments we know it's a 16-18 month recovery. We can look to replace him this window if we can. Laporte is still available or we can move for Foyth possibly

Issue is we only had Mings and Carlos as the strong ball winning physical players. So we are back to being a team in transition with so many new players trying to get up to speed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well if we assume Mings career over or essentially over. If they see it's all his ligaments we know it's a 16-18 month recovery. We can look to replace him this window if we can. Laporte is still available or we can move for Foyth possibly

Issue is we only had Mings and Carlos as the strong ball winning physical players. So we are back to being a team in transition with so many new players trying to get up to speed 

Also on the second point we're a pretty small team and get bullied quite easily

Â