Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 29/06/2023 at 15:03, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would be shocked if he and Pau weren’t starting at the beginning of the season. He’s certainly not the passer that Pau is but we lose too much in defense if we were to drop him, especially in the air. How they’ll line up though. 🤷‍♂️

every assessment of torres says the same thing - great on the ball, poor in the air. i'd be absolutely staggered if our best defender in the air is suddenly dropped

as has been said plenty, people don't bat an eyelid when teams line up with 2 right footed CBs but we sign a left footed CB and automatically people are suggesting mings is going to be dropped.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

as has been said plenty, people don't bat an eyelid when teams line up with 2 right footed CBs but we sign a left footed CB and automatically people are suggesting mings is going to be dropped.

At the same time reasons to the contrary have also been said plenty. Ultimately none of us know until the season gets underway, but it's not unfounded to think this signing puts Mings' place in a bit of jeopardy.

9 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I do believe he is in a battle royal for his place this coming season - equally I believe he is up for the fight - and it’s not a fight that I think he will shy away from. 

He was (wrongly) in one this season, and still came out on top. Cream always rises. I think Ty will end up being our Ledley King, hopefully without the injuries.

• Like 1

It think it's fair to say that Ty is on his way to legend status at Villa. If we win a trophy whilst he is still with us, I'd say that wraps it up. Same for SJM.

If not legend then cult hero status is already achieved.

Be interesting how he and Pau will get on as 2 left footers paired together but I'm confident it will be a success.

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

It think it's fair to say that Ty is on his way to legend status at Villa. If we win a trophy whilst he is still with us, I'd say that wraps it up. Same for SJM.

If not legend then cult hero status is already achieved.

Be interesting how he and Pau will get on as 2 left footers paired together but I'm confident it will be a success.

I don't think cult hero is the right term for Mings/McGinn.

On 08/07/2023 at 12:18, tomav84 said:

every assessment of torres says the same thing - great on the ball, poor in the air. i'd be absolutely staggered if our best defender in the air is suddenly dropped

Sounds to me like your suggesting it will be Mings and Torres. It's healthy competition for those positions and Carlos will definitely be back to full fitness come the new season. Konsa was excellent under Emery too, let's not forget that. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2023 at 18:04, Rigs said:

He gets a lot of unfair criticism. We are much better with him in the team. 

He got some criticism at times when maybe it was apt....it happens to players. I think previously he was having to do too much.

Since, the UE revolution, he has hardly put a foot wrong....and his presence in the team is colossal.

Fans generally speaking don't criticise for no reason, but players do improve their own game and he has....Having said that...He would always be in my team.

Edited by TRO

Possibly, one of the most influential signings we have made in recent times.

Ty for me has been an instrumental part of our resurgence.

• Like 3

On 15/07/2023 at 12:23, TRO said:

Possibly, one of the most influential signings we have made in recent times.

Ty for me has been an instrumental part of our resurgence.

Ty and McGinn. I'd put Emi Martinez up there too

• Like 2

Â