Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He was wearing a Villa shirt at one point that he swapped with someone there for a bit, the yellow MG one.

He also had an Ipswich shirt on at one point.

I suppose Ipswich did discover him and give him his professional career

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Straight man for now but I haven't met Moreno yet

My missus rates the Villa team DL, MC then TM she says Moreno looks like a 10 yr old boy, appealing to some I guess.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2023 at 07:24, alreadyexists said:

He loves the Villa! Hope he hangs around after his playing career, to coach, and generally just be involved with the club. He might not be the *perfect* defender but I do love him, and he is an impeccable role model off the pitch too. Would love him to be Mr Villa for years to come

Hopefully he can replace that prat Gabby as our 'legend' in the media. At least Mings has earnt that title in his time here so far.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

What do we think Pau's arrival means for Tyrone's season?

maybe he finally gets to the promised land of being able to concentrate solely on his own game ;) but more likely he'll be Torres' partner week 1, carlos doesnt know the league himself yet either

worst case he'll still play circa 30 games if we get in to the group stage and beyond of the ECL and hopefully at least one domestic cup run

16 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

What do we think Pau's arrival means for Tyrone's season?

I would be shocked if he and Pau weren’t starting at the beginning of the season. He’s certainly not the passer that Pau is but we lose too much in defense if we were to drop him, especially in the air. How they’ll line up though. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would be shocked if he and Pau weren’t starting at the beginning of the season. He’s certainly not the passer that Pau is but we lose too much in defense if we were to drop him, especially in the air. How they’ll line up though. 🤷‍♂️

That being said Mings is a true leader and his passing isn't that bad either. He's had some incredible assists and set ups for assists for us. I think they will make a great pairing.

• Thanks 1

I don't think this spells the end for him here.

He is still on a bumper contact and he would have known that we were strengthing this department.

This means that Mings gets more rest in between games, also means he has to continue to improve.

Villa need to get in the habit of upgrading on in-form players because that is how we will improve.

15 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I'm thinking Mings RCB, Pau Left, whoever at RB tucking in. 

Mings can play more centrally defensively so he's not defending with his weak foot. Torres on the left to link up with Moreno and play incisive balls into the middle. 

• Like 2

Â