Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

What a beast this man is. Gigantic balls. Had his doubters (myself included at certain times), always proves us wrong. I've never once seen him hide on the pitch.

He's probably the most improved player we have since Emery took over, McGinn always had it in him but lost form but Mings has improved a part of his game I never thought he had in him,  his ball retention, short passing and calmness in possession. He's was very strong in the air tonight but also seems to be placing his clearances better. Becoming  a top, top player. 

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Sometimes it's just about taking the sting out the game and calming it down at times. 

He wants to draw teams out.

Mings has always had a nice ping but his distribution and touch in pressure areas is reaching levels I never thought he was capable.

it's no surprise that carlos hasn't had any minutes yet since recovering from injury. i've been critical of konsa but you can't break this partnership up now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He wants to draw teams out.

Mings has always had a nice ping but his distribution and touch in pressure areas is reaching levels I never thought he was capable.

This is exactly what Emery did to David Navarro who branded as the dirtiest defender in Spain a no nonsense old school defender Emery transformed him into a ball playing defender. Quote from Navarro “ if you are willing to work you will explode to a new level under Emery”

• Like 3

You can see now Martinez, Mings and Konsa are far more comfortable slowing the play right down and passing around the back. At one point he was just standing with the ball, Forest weren't taking the bait and rarely pressed them.

9 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Forest did a good job of blocking the pass into Mcginn and Luiz. In the second half you could see Mings take a bit more risk and start to run the ball into their half. Great to see his game improving.

That's because they didn't press. In other games the opposition midfielder joined the press, which left one of our midfielders in loads of free space to recieve a pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

That's because they didn't press. In other games the opposition midfielder joined the press, which left one of our midfielders in loads of free space to recieve a pass.

This was a fine strategy until they conceded. Up until that point a draw suited them and they knew we would eventually have to take risks. That shelvey pass really cost them.

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

This was a fine strategy until they conceded. Up until that point a draw suited them and they knew we would eventually have to take risks. That shelvey pass really cost them.

Yep, went tits up once we scored.

Â