Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

8th fastest defender in the premier league this season - based on top speeds.

That's all defenders by the way,  not just centre backs. So include all those rapid full backs in the league

Not bad for someone standing at 6'5"! 😮 Pure thoroughbred

Is it one of those top speed stats? I remember Trezeguet and Bjorn Engels of all people being near the top of the league for that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Is it one of those top speed stats? I remember Trezeguet and Bjorn Engels of all people being near the top of the league for that

Yeah, I think it means very little. Although Mings is definitely no slouch.

• Like 1

I would say that a central defender having to use his full pace might be because the defence has been caught out.

I reckon that top speed from Ty was when he stretched his legs going after Solanke when he got in behind Konsa . 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I would say that a central defender having to use his full pace might be because the defence has been caught out.

I reckon that top speed from Ty was when he stretched his legs going after Solanke when he got in behind Konsa . 

And defenders often top these stats because they are chasing. Running in a straight line without the ball so just an all out sprint. They are a pointless stat as you say because they are inevitably won by a defender sprinting back from the half way line covering a mistake.

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

And defenders often top these stats because they are chasing. Running in a straight line without the ball so just an all out sprint. They are a pointless stat as you say because they are inevitably won by a defender sprinting back from the half way line covering a mistake.

Sort of. I think CBs genuinely are the fastest players on the pitch, but football isn't a top speed, Usain Bolt kind of game. What really matters is that Messi speed over 5-10 yards. Engels, Mings, etc. don't have that. But I fully believe in an all out sprint they are rapid, and the stat is correct.

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

They are a pointless stat as you say because they are inevitably won by a defender sprinting back from the half way line covering a mistake

Well, I guess you’d say it’s not pointless if the defender in question isn’t fast enough to do it :)

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Sort of. I think CBs genuinely are the fastest players on the pitch, but football isn't a top speed, Usain Bolt kind of game. What really matters is that Messi speed over 5-10 yards. Engels, Mings, etc. don't have that. But I fully believe in an all out sprint they are rapid, and the stat is correct.

Unless your name was McGrath who plainly cheated because he knew where the ball was going to be before if got there 

• Thanks 1

Flawless again despite the defence being under pressure.  One bad pass all game from memory. If the ball is in the air in the box then he is winning it. Every ..single...time. could hear him barking instructions to his teammates 

• Like 1

He's been settled for a while now, he's kept the silly mistakes away. We are solid in defence and looking more and more comfortable passing it about from the back. Could still be the captain for me but its not affecting him negatively anymore. Top player, always has been.

Â