Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

You see headers or clearances like that every week across the league from defenders

We had midfielders back in good position to pick up the 2nd ball, however Saka reacted quicker and the finish was brilliant

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't want to turn this into a big thing. Mings had been good this season and is our best....but you don't. You never see defenders head the ball blind into your own penalty area centrally.

Exactly, it was a poor header straight into the danger area. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ty alongside Diego is different gravy. He tries to do everything because Konsa isn’t very good. 

Ah yes, mings was Sh1t because Konsa was sh1t.  Neither the two are good players.  You cant have a CB who is brilliant one min then has a massive brain fart the next.  Will be sold if Emery wants to push on for Europe

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Ah yes, mings was Sh1t because Konsa was sh1t.  Neither the two are good players.  You cant have a CB who is brilliant one min then has a massive brain fart the next.  Will be sold if Emery wants to push on for Europe

Which is why he just signed a new deal. But sure pal, Mings sold in the summer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He won't be sold he's just signed a new contract

And then you can look at his brain farts and how many of them are because he's scrambling to cover the assets of the rest of the defence

Carlos alongside him, kamara in front of him then he can focus more on himself... And the LB who is weak at defending

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't want to turn this into a big thing. Mings had been good this season and is our best....but you don't. You never see defenders head the ball blind into your own penalty area centrally.

You do know you’ll go up in flames if you criticise Mings here. It’s a stupid, poorly directed header, end of. It’s amazing - Eddie Howe was able to identify pretty quickly that mings wouldn’t be good enough to play CB. We revere him.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You do know you’ll go up in flames if you criticise Mings here. It’s a stupid, poorly directed header, end of. It’s amazing - Eddie Howe was able to identify pretty quickly that mings wouldn’t be good enough to play CB. We revere him.

How many caps does Ty have for England again? He’s an international level defender and rightly so. Does he make mistakes? Sure? But he also made a lot of big tackles and clearances. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Ahh the tired old “you can’t criticize Mings” nonsense. Usually from posters that have never thought he was good enough so I’m sure there’s no bias in the commentary. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Having now seen a reverse angle, the header went more central than i'd first thought.

That said, mistimed or blind clearances in a players own box do happen; a Palace player did one today that led to a Brentford chance.

Earlier in the season Arsenal were playing Forest, and Gabriel on his own byline played a blind pass direct to a Forest player on the penalty spot. Luckily for him it was blazed over. Midweek Gabriel was passing the ball straight to Halaand leading to a goal against, he's made other errors leading to goal this season as well. This is the starting CB for the top team in the league.

I think my overarching point is that we focus on our own players mistakes or bad defending and think its unique to them and us as a team; its not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Not your pal, he was out of contract, protecting their investment.  Maybe you’re to slow to get that.

firstly, he had 18 months left, so not really out of contract. secondly, we wouldn't tie a player on to an increased salary and 3.5 more years of loyalty bonus' we'd then have to pay off when we decide to sell in the summer

clubs simply don't give new contracts to players they're planning on selling. maybe you're slow to get that

• Like 1

You can make as many excuses as you want, bt 1 nil up against title contenders , you don't give a goal away like that.

He gave 2 away against Leicester as well.

Carlos should be an improvement, but I don't trust Mings tbh

I'd keep a watch on that lad Bournemouth have just bought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He gave 2 away against Leicester as well.

What? Kamara culpable for the first and third, Digne the second and Moreno the 4th. At a real push you might push some blame onto Mings for the third.

I haven't watched today's game back but seeing the Arsenal first today from the Holte I felt he messed up and any criticism for that would be justified. 

Â