Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

It seems like nowadays unless you're Ramos / VvD / Chiellini most football fans think every CB is a complete donkey. I don't remember it being like that back in the day - is it because they're more involved in the football, so they're not as strong defensively? Or their mistakes get highlighted more often? Or they get more exposed?

I think even compared to 10-15 years ago, it's a "softer" sport, with more emphasis on playing the ball. Nobody expected Laursen or McGrath to be playing it out from the back.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I must say I listened to Gerrard's interview where he talked about Mings looking him in the eye, and thought it could be interpreted in different ways, he said it in the context of talking about Mings' injury, so he could have easily meant that he wanted Mings to look him in the eye and be honest about being ready to play or not, in terms of fitness, as some players of course will say they feel ready when they're not, which speaks wonders to their state and quality of being dedicated to the cause, but isn't always for the best.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I must say I listened to Gerrard's interview where he talked about Mings looking him in the eye, and thought it could be interpreted in different ways, he said it in the context of talking about Mings' injury, so he could have easily meant that he wanted Mings to look him in the eye and be honest about being ready to play or not, in terms of fitness, as some players of course will say they feel ready when they're not, which speaks wonders to their state and quality of being dedicated to the cause, but isn't always for the best.

He's spoke about an injury and then also mentioned 'a niggle,' I think 'the niggle' probably means Ming's had a go at him and let's be honest I can't see there's is anyway Ming's wouldn't be pissed off and not say anything, it just would not happen. 

9 minutes ago, useless said:

If that’s the case then he really should be more careful with his words.

Rumours were that Smith wanted to drop Mings from captaincy and only injuries stopped him.

Mings is a great guy and on his day is fantastic but far too often he only looks good at last ditch tackles and hoofing the ball away.

10 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Rumours were that Smith wanted to drop Mings from captaincy and only injuries stopped him.

Mings is a great guy and on his day is fantastic but far too often he only looks good at last ditch tackles and hoofing the ball away.

I don't think thats true, McGinn and Emi were fit when Mings/Smith had allegedly fallen out

The only injuries I think at time were Sanson, Traore, Buendia and Bailey and not sure would have given them the captaincy

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't think thats true, McGinn and Emi were fit when Mings/Smith had allegedly fallen out

The only injuries I think at time were Sanson, Traore, Buendia and Bailey and not sure would have given them the captaincy

Traore as captain could have been pretty great though.

• Haha 2

Â