Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

If Mings doesn't start against Everton surely he leaves the club this window. I get this feeling Gerrards approach to man management isn't the best. Carney left at home, fair enough. Binning off Guilbert and then Traore to the reserves! Sanson sending a message after being left out of the 20. Mings losing Captaincy and then dropped rather than put him in to get a reaction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grobs said:

Think there is a massive overreaction here. I don’t think dropping mings was all that bad of a decision. We lose that game whether mings plays or not and we’d have all been slating him in here after. 

Hi Stevie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If Mings doesn't start against Everton surely he leaves the club this window. I get this feeling Gerrards approach to man management isn't the best. Carney left at home, fair enough. Binning off Guilbert and then Traore to the reserves! Sanson sending a message after being left out of the 20. Mings losing Captaincy and then dropped rather than put him in to get a reaction.

Pretty sure Targett left because of his poor man management as well

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unbelievable  not one person jumping. You can bet mings would have

Screenshot_20220807-092936_Facebook.jpg

The ball wouldnt have got to Moore

Moore probably wont score another goal this season

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Mate Guilbert is shit, Traore is a lazy bastard (I know that insinuation upsets a lot on here but it's true) and Sanson has been seen to throw 2 strops on the bench or coming off which is a shocking rate considering we hardly ever bloody see him. Plus someone's got to go in the reserves, the squad is massive!

In the case of Mings, all was not well with Smith either at the end (Sanson to that point also same treatment under Smithbaa Gerrard) and there may be valid reasons on the captaincy.

I'm absolutely on board with the view that Gerrard is a pashun merchant who is out of his depth but at times i think we are just picking up any potential thing to throw at him because he's been so underwhelming for us.

Edited by villanmac
  • Haha 1

Have to say. I don't usually go in for autobiographies, I would, in any case make an exception for Ty, as he is erudite and interesting. 

Keen to get his insight into the past year at Villa! 

2 hours ago, grobs said:

Think there is a massive overreaction here. I don’t think dropping mings was all that bad of a decision. We lose that game whether mings plays or not and we’d have all been slating him in here after. 

We’ll never know but I do find it funny the same people that said Mings wasn’t good enough for us are now upset he didn’t start.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ll never know but I do find it funny the same people that said Mings wasn’t good enough for us are now upset he didn’t start.

For me chambers would have been the better option yesterday ,  not Mings 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would like to say that IMO Mings is good enough for us and should be starting. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

For me chambers would have been the better option yesterday ,  not Mings 

I think nearly every starting team in pre match thread had Mings or Chambers to play next to Carlos

he throws in Konsa 😂

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are they actually the same people or are you doing that VT thing where different people's opinions get conflated to support general accusations of hypocrisy?

• Like 4

I think it's been a fair argument that at times Mings has been poor over the past couple of years, and it wouldn't have been unreasonable to want to see him dropped at specific points, while still thinking it was ludicrous to start ahead of Konsa yesterday.

The world isn't black and white, it's not hypocrisy to change ones opinion based on the circumstances.

On 10/05/2022 at 22:18, Demitri_C said:

This is why mings will never be a top player. He always has a 1 in 5 game like this when he makes vital errors that cost us goals.

If we had not conceded so early after our goal we really could have got something today

Here’s one. Sorry Dem

@DCJonah I’ll find you some more later. There are many. 

This isn’t a defence of Gerrard. I’ve always rated Mings.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Chambers has done nothing wrong, but don't start, Buendia is the best creative player over couts, but don't start, McGinn poor player, but is now captain, Mings dropped, Traore for me shows more than Bailey, should start, but maybe swapped for bailey later in the game, Ramsey is not a starter, I could go on. Gerrards lack of experience is showing through. If all he has learnt is from the over thinking Beale,(who ain't won a game yet) I think we are in trouble.

Whilst I think Ming's should have played yesterday. There is always the possibility that he would have gotten into one of those dick swinging physical battles he often gets into with strikers that are his size, where it becomes a personal vendetta to prove he is bigger and stronger to the detriment of actually playing football

• Like 1

Â