Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That’s a fair point. When he does opt to take it down it was still bloody sloppy though.

I imagine if he took the player's presence into account, he wouldn't have been as sloppy. To him, it's like he wasn't there he was that far offside.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But there was no danger. The only player anywhere near him was offside...

Thing for me is it looks very likely he gets a shout after chesting it down and instead of clearing it and then potentially getting the offside, if thats the case, afterwards he tries to turn with the ball and thats when he gets caught on it. 

As you said earlier the bloke was so far back Ming's may have not even been aware of his existence, he doesn't know what is going on behind him or if someone had even somehow played him on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

The man heading the ball is closer to him than the man who tackled him.

😂 Seriously where is the argument?! If Rodri is in a defensive midfield position and Mings takes it down like this then I struggle to imagine anyone saying "in the 79th minute Mings chested it down sloppily".

Actually I probably can but never mind...

After looking at the rules it really is clear as mud and they seem to contradict themselves.

On one hand it says if the player challenges for the ball he's offside and on the other it says if the player receives the ball from an opponent who's deliberately played the ball he isn't offside.

Schrodinger's offside.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

It wasn't even clumsy. He takes the ball down in acres of space, not expecting to be challenged by an offside player.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

After looking at the rules it really is clear as mud and they seem to contradict themselves.

On one hand it says if the player challenges for the ball he's offside and on the other it says if the player receives the ball from an opponent who's deliberately played the ball he isn't offside.

Schrodinger's offside.

Let's be honest, they twist the rules to suit the decision that was made. Even more so with VAR.

• Like 2

Â