The celebratory Villan4Life scouting tales thread

villan-scott

On 18/01/2019 at 13:27, villaglint said:

So let me get this right. 

The Villa finally start scouring the lower leagues and beyond for young exciting talent and @Villan4Life nearly keels over in shock. 

Don't go now buddy we need you to come back to tell us who all these players are! How will VT function if we can't decide whether a player is crap or not before he's kicked a ball for us. 

Any link please that we now scouting lower leagues mate? As I not seen or heard anything u til you posted about It

Edited by Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Any link please that we now scouting lower leagues mate? As I not seen or heard anything u til you posted about It

I forget the names now and can’t find them but there was some winger from Macclesfield I think, Hamilton I think his name was. And a full back from Barry Town who looks like Dani Alves (when playing against fat Welsh part timers). Been a few links to random youngsters across Europe too. Could all be BS who knows. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 10:10, stewiek2 said:

Hi everyone

Chris has asked me to update you all on his condition/progress-

After nearly three weeks he is now able to move his left leg and, I quote, has spent all morning singing Rocky songs.

He sends everyone his thanks and love for your support and messages.

Stew

Where have you been hiding, son?!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Message I put other day on LinkedIn being positive as been through worse

”Thanks everyone for all your kind words and I'm getting stronger daily after suffering stroke on nyd and  got my left leg moving other day finally and using frame to walk around will be going home next month from hospital. Taking things day by day but I'll get there. Thanks again to everyone. Lost three stone in here so far from eating salads

I beat aplastic anaemia aged 7 after year in hospital this is a breeze compared to that and having bury both my parents.

taking each day as comes onwards and upwards”

Excellent news V4L 😀 

Without wanting to sound too nosy or anything, is there anything you felt before the event happened?  

Just thinking, with a forum of mostly men, some tell tale signs, or feelings, or things you've learned from the Dr's looking after you may well be worth sharing?  

Apart from the F.A.S.T adverts on TV a few years ago, I wouldn't know the proper tell tale signs of a Stroke happening.

If it's too soon, I understand - Just keep getting better! 

• Like 2

On 24/01/2019 at 09:28, lapal_fan said:

Excellent news V4L 😀 

Without wanting to sound too nosy or anything, is there anything you felt before the event happened?  

Just thinking, with a forum of mostly men, some tell tale signs, or feelings, or things you've learned from the Dr's looking after you may well be worth sharing?  

Apart from the F.A.S.T adverts on TV a few years ago, I wouldn't know the proper tell tale signs of a Stroke happening.

If it's too soon, I understand - Just keep getting better! 

No symptoms or signs mate until stroke. I didn't know myself what happened.People around me like my Mrs noticed the signs and called 111

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

going home tonight my fiancee is going be my full time carer until walking without use of a pod.

Onwards and upwards once home hope to be able post more on VT using my laptop instead of phone as much prefer that. UTV. Goal now is to get out scouting again by end of season.

Great news!  You must be progressing well.  No doubting it's all hard work, but it sure seems like you've got a handle on it.  Best of luck, and here's to meeting those targets :thumb:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

going home tonight my fiancee is going be my full time carer until walking without use of a pod.

Onwards and upwards once home hope to be able post more on VT using my laptop instead of phone as much prefer that. UTV. Goal now is to get out scouting again by end of season.

get yourself on football manager and in that thread 😜

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I've been in I'm game last two editions mate 😆 17/18 and 18/19 but on full version not the I'm touch version for some reason 

Edited by Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:
12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've been in I'm game last two editions mate 😆 17/18 and 18/19 but on full version not the I'm touch version for some reason 

There must be rules around actual football scouts playing that game competitively !! :)  :P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

There must be rules around actual football scouts playing that game competitively !! :)  :P

Was a beta tester for sigames last season looking for bugs in game and on players ability etc lol

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

That's great to hear!! Looking forward to your scouting reports again. 

• Like 1

Â