The celebratory Villan4Life scouting tales thread

villan-scott

FA Level 2 in Talent Identification just booked for May in Leeds (West Riding Football Association). Had to cancel one at Northwich for February in January after waiting four months to attend due to my illness.

Really looking forward to finally being able to attend and do the course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I dont get what you mean ? Can you explain.

It's just a typically Welsh thing to say that something is "by here" or "by there". Just sounded a bit Welsh to say "by where".

No offence was intended ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 08/03/2019 at 08:27, Villan4Life said:

Also going with my fiancee to European Cup game at Eithad on Tuesday for Manchester City vs Schalke 04! Really looking forward to hopefully good game and to watch Schalke players closely.

Hell of a game you went to watch there mate.

7-0. Cracking...

Did you enjoy it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hell of a game you went to watch there mate.

7-0. Cracking...

Did you enjoy it?

I thought it would be at least 5-0 mate so that’s why thought I’d go and take missus along. We both really enjoyed it, and couldn’t believe scoreline what a game  . I said thanks to my mate and he has offered get me tickets again this season or next. Might have take him up on the offer specially if they keep getting scorelines like that :)

Edited by Villan4Life

15 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

had telephone interview today ... Got a job 1f642.png:) i will be starting new short term upto 3 month contract at Royal Stoke Hospital IT Department next Monday...

Same hospital i went to when first had my stroke on Jan 1st.

Went see doctor for first consultation yesterday and he said don't have go see him again as my progress is staggering and is happy me go back work etc. 80% of my right side of brain and he showed me x-ray was affected by the stroke with bleeds. I'm very lucky still be here and it's made me a lot more thankful after everything. Noticed i'm not as stresssed anymore and more positive :)

I am also  going go see a EFL Championship club about a First team scouting role hopefully  next week or if not in the next few weeks.

This week is going so well! I'm really happy

Congratulations. Well that was good to read.  Absolutely chuffed for you.  Can't imagine what you've been going through but this really does seem like a massive step towards putting all that nasty business to the side.  You can start writing your book now too :P 

• Thanks 1

On 20/03/2019 at 12:24, BOF said:

Congratulations. Well that was good to read.  Absolutely chuffed for you.  Can't imagine what you've been going through but this really does seem like a massive step towards putting all that nasty business to the side.  You can start writing your book now too :P 

Thanks BOF means a lot mate with your kind words don't put ideas into my head about writing a book lol.. i've had best week i've had for long time.

And thanks to everyone on VT for all your kind comments and messages that have inspired me to get better and believe me when i say every single message has helped including on the Transfer Windows threads :) UTV

i'm off to Shrewsbury for first time ever tomorrow player scouting.

Just paid out this morning for car tax and Insurance for the year for the automatic car my aunt bought me and have booked my driving test for 14th May but hoping to change to April with any cancellations when i keep looking next week or week after :D

Going to go out for first time in car to practice this evening with my fiancee watching over me and giving advice... Now let's finally pass this test and make up for not doing it originally in February for Manual car.. #letsdothis

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

I think that Chris is an inspiration to us all in that he has not allowed such a serious illness to beat him or get him down. It's fantastic that Chris can continue doing what he so obviously loves. 

My Mum suffered a life-changing stroke when she was alive but she never allowed it to beat her either. Good old Brummie fighting spirit. Mum was a Villa fan too :flag:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Nice to see you making a full recovery Chris. Keep it up mate. 

Thanks mate big up

.. Gotta keep it up as first day at work today not fully recovered might be least another six months to a year. Running at about 60% Duracell  batteries at the moment 😜 

Going to see if i can do the week at new job and see how i feel over weekend as to whether i go back on Monday or not.

Very, very  tired and left leg has gone all swollen from feet right up my leg and in shear agony.. not good 

My eyes keep having blurred vision at times specially my left. Might have to abandon driving as i'm driving too close to the kerb on my lessons  in my car

I am hard of hearing before stroke 30% hearing left ear, 35% in right. It's now under 20% in both.

this is what's happened to my eyes :( had all 3 issues detailed below so far with them

https://www.rnib.org.uk/eye-health/eye-conditions/stroke-related-eye-conditions

Stroke is one of the most common causes of adult disability. Every year an estimated 152,000 strokes occur in the UK and about half of survivors will have a disability.
Your ability to see involves your brain as well as your eyes so stroke-related vision problems can be very complex to understand and treat. Some of the main visual problems include visual field loss, eye muscles and nerve problems, including double vision and visual processing.

We’ve created a factsheet about the most common eye conditions related to stroke that you can download. We also offer support for coping with the conditions and are here if you need to talk to us.

Understanding sight loss related to stroke
Sight problems are more common when you suffer a stroke affecting the right side of your brain.

The damage caused by a stroke in your brain impacts the visual pathways of your eye which can result in visual field loss including central vision blurry vision, double vision and processing of visual information (making sense of the things you are seeing).

Unfortunately for many people sight loss may be permanent but there are ways of coping with each condition.

Types of sight loss caused by stroke
You can get a more in-depth look at the eye conditions related to stroke in our downloadable factsheet.

Field loss: hemianopia
This type of field loss refers to not being able to see to either the left or right from the centre of your field of vision in both your eyes. The extent of field loss can vary and is directly related to the area of your brain that has been affected by the stroke.

Eye muscles and nerve problems: diplopia
A stroke can lead to problems with eye movements resulting in both eyes not working together as a pair. This can make it difficult to focus on specific things because of blurred vision as well as diplopia (double vision).

Vision processing
This is when you may be able to see an object clearly but the images are not processed by your brain correctly. It can lead to people ignoring objects that are there or being unable to interpret text when reading.

Just hope everything returns to normal and left with no other perm disabilities apart from my hearing, but i will keep fighting on :) and not giving up the scouting :D

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Thanks mate big up

.. Gotta keep it up as first day at work today not fully recovered might be least another six months to a year. Running at about 60% Every ready batteries at the moment 😜 

Going to see if i can do the week at new job and see how i feel as to whether i go back on Monday or not.

Very tired and left leg has gone all swallon and in shear agony.. not good 

My eyes keep having blurred vision at times specially my left. Might have to abandon driving as i'm driving too close to the kerb on my lessons  in my car

I am hard of hearing before stroke 30% hearing left ear, 35% in right. It's now under 20% in both.

this is what's happened to my eyes :( had all 3 issues detailed below so far with them

https://www.rnib.org.uk/eye-health/eye-conditions/stroke-related-eye-conditions

Just hope everything returns to normal, but i will keep fighting on :)

Well you’ve been making big strides. Maybe today was a blessing in disguise for you. Take it easy and don’t rush back into anything, especially work. At the end of the day mate it’s only work and your recovery far more important. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well you’ve been making big strides. Maybe today was a blessing in disguise for you. Take it easy and don’t rush back into anything, especially work. At the end of the day mate it’s only work and your recovery far more important. 

You knows it mate! I spur myself to do more but really i should relax more but going to rest rest of his week and hopefully get to go to the Crewe match at weekend ..that is the fixture i have my eye on :D

i've quit drinking now after stroke and now  drink a lot of Becks Blue - Non Alcoholic Lager and done wonders last few weeks (had 3 bottles of them at Shrewsbury game on Saturday) especially when coming to write my reports on players after the games i attend. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You knows it mate! I spur myself to do more but really i should relax more but going to rest rest of his week and hopefully get to go to the Crewe match at weekend ..that is the fixture i have my eye on :D

i've quit drinking now and drink a lot of Bucks blue - Non Alcoholic Lager and done wonders last few weeks specially when coming to write my reports on players after the games i attend.

That’s good, but remember rest is just as important. Quitting drink is always a good thing mate. I imagine your scouting is a good thing for you and helps you relax? 

• Like 1

Â