The celebratory Villan4Life scouting tales thread

villan-scott

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

McKirdy not playing for Carlisle today, rumoured to be off to Portsmouth.

Pompey can play the wages in that division for the better players. Think they and Sunderland pay best wages per week in league 1.

Edited by Villan4Life

• 1 month later...

Scouting at Burton Albion vs Peterborough United today.

Villa u23 vs Reading u23 on Monday

Can’t wait for Monday nights fixture as not been to Bodymoor Heath for couple of years and want to meet @OutByEaster? too.

As long as the town it’s not underwater think going Shrewsbury next Saturday 😃

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Love this :D i made a .gif after watching the highlights on Youtube vs Man Utd in 1995 our last win at home vs them :( and realised i'm on video for few seconds.. I had then season ticket next to tunnel at the time. #Happymemories

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The "Gareth Barry" I believe that haircut was known as.

He's younger than me by 2 years.. this was before Barry  even made his debut ;)

I rocked this haircut like many other's  before Peter Andre and Mysterious Girl got to number 2 in charts in May 1996! :D:D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I’m still at there mate just not doing any scouting at present.

Sorry if this is too personal, but how are you surviving? Are you still getting paid? I think of a few of us would be interested in getting an insight into what it's like being part of a football club right now.

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Sorry if this is too personal, but how are you surviving? Are you still getting paid? I think of a few of us would be interested in getting an insight into what it's like being part of a football club right now.

Hi Sam,  hope you're well mate?

Only get  paid for attending matches and writing player reports after 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You might have to get yourself over to Belarus to watch some games 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Well I hope you’re holding up alright in the current circumstances! Can’t complain mate, we haven’t been hit as hard down here as Europe (yet...).

I’ll have to help you and sign you to a nice big contract on FM 😝

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Given he played a few games in Scotland and was picked up by Crewe in October I have a feeling you might've scouted him Chris (can't quite remember when you moved to Tranmere).

Sad news anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52814902

Morecambe defender Christian Mbulu has died at the age of 23.

The former Motherwell player began his professional career at Millwall and also represented Brentwood, Braintree and Crewe.

London-born Mbulu moved to Morecambe in January, after a short spell at Crewe.

In a statement, Morecambe described Mbulu as an "extremely popular member of the squad" and said "news of his sudden and untimely passing has been a shock to us all".

They added: "His loss will be painfully felt by all who had the pleasure of knowing him."

Mbulu spent one season with Motherwell after joining from Millwall in 2018, and made six league appearances during his time at Fir Park.

He made seven appearances for Crewe after signing a short-term deal in October and signed for fellow League Two side Morecambe in January until the end of the season, making three appearances.

Edited by VillaChris

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Villan4Life get the CV sent in pal. 

Role Profile Description
Please see below role purpose and key responsibilities
First Team Video Scout
Vacancy ID : 002723 Post Date : 09-Nov-2020
Close Date : 22-Nov-2020 23:45

Hours of work: Full time

Salary: Attractive Remuneration

Location: Predominantly Home-Based, with some occasional working from Bodymoor Heath Training Ground and travel to matches (where required) 

Closing Date: Sunday 22 November 2020

We have two new, exciting opportunities for Video Scouts to work within our Men's First Team Recruitment Department. The role will be predominantly home-based, although some occasional working at Bodymoor Heath Training Ground and travel to matches may be required.

Reporting into the Head of Scouting Operations, you will identify, review, report on and monitor target teams and players through video to support the club’s overarching recruitment strategy. These posts will help to assess players who may be of interest, and effectively utilise available data in order to make holistic and evidence-based recommendations regarding potential target players.

As a Video Scout, this post will compile and collate reports and focus on player priorities relating to the current composition of the AVFC squad. You will develop an in-depth understanding of the Club’s current players (First Team through to U18s) when assessing prospective new signings.

The successful postholder will have previous experience of working in either a scouting or coaching capacity at a professional football club (preferably at First Team level). You should be IT literate and have experience of using scouting systems such as ISF and Wyscout, or the ability to master them in a short period of time. As this role will be based remotely, you will need a strong work ethic along with the ability and self-motivation to work independently and remotely.

For further information please see the attached Role Profile.

Aston Villa Football Club is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.

Aston Villa Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and its supporters.  As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. 

https://my.corehr.com/pls/coreportal_avfcp/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form

• Like 1

Â