The celebratory Villan4Life scouting tales thread

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s good, but remember rest is just as important. Quitting drink is always a good thing mate. I imagine your scouting is a good thing for you and helps you relax? 

Sure is, nothing better help me relax then another couple of hours write up reports on Sunday. I've worked in IT for 23 years now and Scouting is a hell of a lot less stressful.

Love go full time one day with it :)

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Sure is, nothing better help me relax then another couple of hours write up reports on Sunday. I've worked in IT for 23 years now and Scouting is a hell of a lot less stressful.

Love go full time one day with it :)

Yeah it does seem you get a lot out of it and it’s not just a job for you to do. Well here’s hoping you get your dream job 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got free weekend off from scouting (Been out to games scouting last 6 weeks on different player assignments for two  League 2 clubs) so i'm off to Villa vs Bristol City with a few mates. My first match at Villa Park in 2019. :)

Will be back scouting hopefully at 2 lower league fixtures over Easter! I have had some  praise from two  clubs i'm doing player reports for at how detailed they are and to a high standard. It's given a massive confidence boost and after everything that's happened it's meant a lot to me!!

Roll on Saturday. UTV 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2019 at 07:43, Villan4Life said:

was out player  scouting on behalf of Macclesfield Town & Sol Campbell on an assignment yesterday.

Not great game  but as always "I absolutely loved it"

i've Never been Edgeley Park before either

Roll on next Saturday and hopefully player scouting at another game.

0?e=1554120000&v=beta&t=DPFBhyOH3hYYatgc

0?e=1554120000&v=beta&t=l5RMm2Tmkz5Tupj6

0?e=1554120000&v=beta&t=LKfKAZg-qN4QdOoi

0?e=1554120000&v=beta&t=K4D2EdZQv3cWK8V8

I haven't heard of any of those players Chris. Apart from 0?e=1554120000&v=beta&t=LKfKAZg-qN4QdOoi of course - cracking little winger :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I haven't heard of any of those players Chris. Apart from 0?e=1554120000&v=beta&t=LKfKAZg-qN4QdOoi of course - cracking little winger :D

What on earth.... I think I deleted original post on LinkedIn so it’s messed up the pics I took of the day at Stockport. ;)

Actislly some decent players at Stockport for league 1 and league 2 sides.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Just thought of something @Villan4Life

When you worked for St Mirren did you move to Scotland? Did you watch the SPL at all?

Just wondering if you were aware of Super John McGinn? Can't believe how good he is for how unknown he was.

I was aware of him and knew he was a talent. I had seen fair few long highlights and he looked very good just never saw full match of him up there but my Scottish colleagues at St Mirren was going on about how good he was.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

He wasn''t unknown definitely not for me anyway! This season i have been watching lot games up there which i didn't last season when i was there. Jake Hastie (Motherwell) is the next talent from Up North i feel could do well down here..

I was at time Midlands and Staffordshire Scout for St Mirren so never actually went up there. Got role by the Head Of Recruitment at the time messaging me on Linkedin asking if i wanted to work for them i was first scout to join under him as Head Of recruitment. :) I just messaged him games i wanted go (he sorted the tickets out) then  I uploaded to their database with player gradings from the games and whether i thought club should go for them, monitor them or forget about. I covered around 50+ games during my time there from FA Cup, Championship down to National League North/South.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Hi all, great couple weeks for me been accepted to do Masters in Sports Directorship at Manchester Met for two year course from  September 2019. Mark Chapman of MOTD started his at same uni last September so might get chance meet him.

https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/sport-directorship/

My goal is to become a sporting director similar to Stuart Webber at Norwich. I’m going try email clubs from September seeing if I can get work experience in that role similar to European model. A combination of my IT background and scouting had gained me entry as due to my hearing issue I had no support at school and got poor grades but getting upto Management level in It has sneaked me onto masters course ;) in this .

i am severely head hearing since I had my aplastic anemia at 8 but since stroke my Hesring gone down to 10per cent both ears from 30 per cent  but I’m positive and all I’m going say is I’m feeling good now and know direction I want go in from now on. Watch this topic lol and space and I’ll see where it takes me. I have a dream similar to Martin Luther King at present.

Seeing them tomorrow to have look round at Manchester Met and see if it’s right for me I’m 99 per cent sure right now.

Once qualified  and at club I’d be making all decisions at a club in future (Villa one day is my dream) a pipe dream.. inc playing style, feeder clubs bigger and smaller clubs snd player acquisitions to dupliment style I pick similar to Norwich. Nothings hopefully going stop me in my quest I’m so determined now since stroke. Changed person almost :D UTV

Fantastic news mate and all the very best.   Just don't work for Leeds Utd once qualified, otherwise you'll just end up under a bush watching training sessions :detect:

Imagine being at Bodymoor Heath one day in a working capacity?  Living the dream! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 07:57, Villan4Life said:

i've had some great news last night. i signed all paperwork and  I am now Academy Regional (Staffordshire) Recruitment Manager for Crewe Alexandra. My first paid role in football after 2 years as freelance 1st team scout doing work at various clubs.

I will be looking for talented kids to sign for Crewe's Academy also looking for  talented local non-league players in Staffordshire.

This season Crewe have had 8 regular first teamers playing that came up from Academy and towards end of season a few younger one's was making it to the subs bench.

No one likes a gloater!    :D

Seriously though, many congratulations mate!  Crewe have turned out some very good players over the years as we know,  David Platt etc.  Imagine finding some gems and seeing them play at the very top someday?  Would be amazing stuff.  

Does this mean that you get a free ticket to the PO Final and say to Crewe that you are scouting/recruiting?  :clap:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

No one likes a gloater!    :D

Seriously though, many congratulations mate!  Crewe have turned out some very good players over the years as we know,  David Platt etc.  Imagine finding some gems and seeing them play at the very top someday?  Would be amazing stuff.  

Does this mean that you get a free ticket to the PO Final and say to Crewe that you are scouting/recruiting?  :clap:

Not that lucky mate lol I’ll be at home watching the game on tv. No chance getting ticket.. well outside my remit

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

@Villan4Life Only just saw this thread and read through. I hope you’re doing ok Chris, it certainly sounds like you’ve made an incredible recovery.

All the very best mate! 

Thank you very much mate. :)

Have decided  with the mods on here now I’m well enough to move this thread from “off topic” to “other football” so can keep everyone updated with future progress and also any scouting tales. UTV

Going my first live game of pre-season today at Gresty Road for friendly between Crewe Alexandra vs Burnley. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Â