The celebratory Villan4Life scouting tales thread

villan-scott

First time today as a scout I've gone to watch club i've worked for live  in my 2 year career to date!!

Crewe Alexandra 1 - 0 Burnley in friendly at Gresty Road.

Charlie Kirk:- in my view a Lower League 21 Year Old Left Forward similar version of Jarrod Bowen at Hull scored the winner and ran Hull ragged he was close getting a second!

I mentioned Kirk as suggestion last season (Oct/Nov) on here on transfer thread on Main Chat before i started at Crewe! He got 11 goal for Crewe last season.

Ashley Westwood was  playing for Burnley against team he began his career at! But had a very poor game! Jay Rodriguez also had a poor game.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did you see Heaton around the place.....

My god Nicky Hunt still actually plays....remember him being useless for Bolton in premier league and that was around 2004. Crewe released Jordan Bowery I take it.

Bowery was moved on recently. Cant remember where

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bowery was moved on recently. Cant remember where

Mk Dons in league higher for Bowery.

dunno how or why ???

Hunt I don’t rate. He was very poor when watched him last season 18/19.

Edited by Villan4Life

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Did you see Heaton around the place.....

My god Nicky Hunt still actually plays....remember him being useless for Bolton in premier league and that was around 2004. Crewe released Jordan Bowery I take it.

He didn’t play at Crewe was Nick Pope.

Burnley also played and beat Port Vale he might  played at that game.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Mk Dons in league higher for Bowery.

dunno how or why ???

Hunt I don’t rate. He was very poor when watched him last season 18/19.

Got a good agent or that connection that brought him to Villa is at MK now. 

Bowery vs Lambert be interesting to see this season 

• 3 weeks later...

Im off to meet Class of Man Utd 92’ player Chris Casper this Thursday at Salford City He is their Sporting Director.

I’ve also been invited to Sporting  Directorship Summit Event  -  Manchester in  September.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So @Villan4Life you must’ve scouted Bury academy/youth team? Any we should look at offering a lifeline to?

Jacob Bedeau put us off for life I think, didn't we pay nearly a million for him?! Last time I looked he couldn't get in a Scunthorpe team bottom of league 2.

Ridiculous thing with Bury is they have produced some o.k youth players in recent times.  George Miller signed for Boro in 2017 but never played for them. Barnsley are one of the best clubs around for scouting lower talent and they signed Calum Sykes from Bury last year although again he's not made much impact.

Would imagine they have some decent kids who'll now be picked up by likes of Rochdale and Oldham.

Edit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38815258

Aston Villa have signed teenage Bury defender Jacob Bedeau on a two-and-a-half-year deal, for a fee understood to be around £900,000 including add-ons.

Edited by VillaChris

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I've had some news guys i have been approached by Tranmere Rovers to join them as a First Team Scout for them and i accepted over the weekend.

I really can't wait to get started. :)

Brilliant news mate! 👍. Little steps forward to the top and your beloved Aston Villa.  :flag:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I've had some news guys i have been approached by Tranmere Rovers to join them as a First Team Scout and i accepted over the weekend.

Great news! Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 06:32, Villan4Life said:

I've had some news guys i have been approached by Tranmere Rovers to join them as a First Team Scout and i accepted over the weekend.

what sort of budget will they have to spend? I know of a Brazilian forward worth about £22,000,000 who they could have, its a bit of a gamble but he might make an impact in that league...then again he might not.

p.s. that post was purely in jest and not to be taken seriously.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

what sort of budget will they have to spend? I know of a Brazilian forward worth about £22,000,000 who they could have, its a bit of a gamble but he might make an impact in that league...then again he might not.

p.s. that post was purely in jest and not to be taken seriously.

Wouldn't get a start ahead of Hepburn-Murphy.

Of course if we recalled RHM he wouldn't get in ahead of Wes so make up your mind which club is making the right decision there!

I've got a free weekend off scouting for my club (next game for me this Monday night for an U23 Premier League 2 fixture)

So i'm off today to Hednesford Town FC vs Coalville Town FC in the Northern Premier League Premier Division with my good friend Stuart who is a director at Hednesford Town.

I really can't have a Saturday off... without watching football live 1f642.png Otherwise it's a trip to B&Q and that stuff's really not for me :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â