The celebratory Villan4Life scouting tales thread

villan-scott

I don't know how I hadn't managed to notice this thread pinned to the top of the page, but having read it now, I'm having to hear that V4L is doing better . . . sounds like you're recovering like a trooper! Best wishes, you're always one of the posters on here who's most worth reading. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Great to hear all that Chris.  Good lad.

Goes without saying, but if you need anything specific from the VT community as you continue your journey don't be afraid to ask.

How specific because I've got a few betamaxes of the royals being bummed by otters.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

How specific because I've got a few betamaxes of the royals being bummed by otters.

You otter be ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2019 at 03:56, Villan4Life said:

Been walking since weekend without pod and don't plan use again and can do squats for exercise and helping to get legs stronger. Finally managed go out and to hairdressers for first time since before xmas other day :D boy did my hair need a cut was starting to look like Stig Of The Dump)  walking getting easier daily for me and feet feel sore first thing in morning only. Lost so much weight now down to 12.5stone now  after eating better since hospital and feel so much better for it and following healthy eating plan by having cheat day today watching game on Sky tonight

Going to go to Man City vs Spurs game in April for the game of my  choice Man City and my scout friend sorted for me and aiming go Villa game end March/Early April and hopefully to Port Vale or Crewe scouting next month or April.

Had cancel my FA Talent ID Level 2 for end month that i booked last October so going rebook by end season or for next season as going try go up different level's (,3 and then 4 within nec few years) and they only do the course during a football season.

Great to hear mate - echoing Rob's sentiments if there's anything you need from us just let us know!

• Like 1

On 03/02/2019 at 15:48, John said:

Given Chris had no signs, I thought that I would share my own "warnings" before my stroke happened in case it might possibly help anyone. 

I was having a couple of beers with mates in Warwick a couple of days before it happened and I felt strange when sitting in a chair in a pub and then again when walking back a couple of miles to the railway station. My legs felt a little "shaky" is the only way that I could describe it. A couple of days later, I went into the garden to do a job and had difficulty raising my foot to get over the step and back into the conservatory afterwards, this time the leg "trembled" and was unresponsive. A couple of hours later that day, I was in a supermarket and found myself veering left with my trolley and my left leg was "dragging" along. I was only able to continue by using the trolley as support, my left hand was shaking when I got to the checkout and I had difficulty in packing and paying for my shopping as my co-ordination was then impaired. 

Each of these events lasted 15-30 minutes and I really should have known something was badly wrong straight away but I returned to normal or near normal each time and I can only think that the illness was contributing to me not thinking straight and acting urgently following these events/warnings to get myself checked up by the GP/hospital.

Later that night, I had become unsteady on my feet and fell to the floor on making my way to the bedroom. I made several attempts to get back up but was unable to do so. Like a fool, I continued these attempts for a couple of hours, rather than shout for help and it was not until my wife found me still on the floor unable to move my left leg and arm as well as with a dropped face that the penny dropped.

With hindsight,  I really should have done something or made more of these incidents or told my wife seriously how I had felt earlier. Instead I tried to shrug it/shake it off. All that I can suggest, is that if at any point you or anyone you know feels strange for no known reason then get it checked out rather than ignore it! It is better to be safe than sorry!  

I hope that sharing this might help someone in the future.    

You lucky boy.....Yes folk should get checked out at the first signs.

I went in Hospital some time ago with Pericarditis, which was extremely painful.....with all the tests, they discovered I was suseptible to strokes as a side issue.....thankfully every cloud has a silver lining ( don't we know as villa fans) and I have had treatment ever since and no issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I too am sorry to hear the news Chris....but sounds like you are progressing nicely.

We are all vulnerable to what you have experienced, so take care mate.

Thanks for the kind words mate. I’m feeling like my old self nearly.

Started to apply for perm jobs on the net and spoke  to recruiter this morning first time since before everything happened was more nervous than I have been for some time. Applied to work at Bet365  in Stoke yesterday.Going to knock IT Contracting on the head and try aim for perm role for once.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

You lucky boy.....Yes folk should get checked out at the first signs.

I went in Hospital some time ago with Pericarditis, which was extremely painful.....with all the tests, they discovered I was suseptible to strokes as a side issue.....thankfully every cloud has a silver lining ( don't we know as villa fans) and I have had treatment ever since and no issues.

They sure do a lot of tests in hospital don't they? They do pay off though, as your case demonstrates so well. Their tests enabled preventative action to be undertaken to address your future risk of having a stroke, when you had been admitted for something else.

In my case, the tests done after my stroke proved to all be ok, so I guess we could both be considered fortunate. Looking around the ward at those that survived their strokes, I know I have been lucky to come out of it with just my left leg slowing my walking down a year later. 

Don't hesitate folks, if you ever notice anything unusual be sure to get it checked out! 🖖

Edited by John
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, John said:

They sure do a lot of tests in hospital don't they? They do pay off though, as your case demonstrates so well. Their tests enabled preventative action to be undertaken to address your future risk of having a stroke, when you had been admitted for something else.

In my case, the tests done after my stroke proved to all be ok, so I guess we could both be considered fortunate. Looking around the ward at those that survived their strokes, I know I have been lucky to come out of it with just my left leg slowing my walking down a year later. 

Don't hesitate folks, if you ever notice anything unusual be sure to get it checked out! 🖖

I concur

• Like 1

Â