Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Clearly not sharp. Last season when he came back from injury it took 5 or 6 games to get up to speed. Once he gets a r8n of game he'll be firing. 

He inconsistencies come from injury. Once he is sharp he is consistent.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Powehi said:

This 'coming back from injury' slump seems to be hitting double figures at this stage. Could it be that he's not actually that great

He's started 5 games this season, and was probably just about to get match fit when his injury recurred.

Last night was then his first game again in over 3 weeks since he last played.

Could it be that he actually hasn't got to the levels he's shown he's capable of in the past given he's barely played and came into a game that was long since lost before he even came on. 

• Haha 1

Hate myself for saying this but honestly, deep down, as much as it would hurt, I'd sell him if offered £50m up front. 

Straight up. The more I think about it, the more it seems like smart business.

4 hours ago, Powehi said:

This 'coming back from injury' slump seems to be hitting double figures at this stage. Could it be that he's not actually that great

He literally just " came back from injury " in this game also?

53 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Hate myself for saying this but honestly, deep down, as much as it would hurt, I'd sell him if offered £50m up front. 

Same. No one is paying that though. 

13 hours ago, est1874 said:

I've had that opinion for a while. Don't really class him as a CM anymore so if we had to sell someone like Luiz then we'd just sign a replacement rather than moving Ramsey back centrally.

I think that's more likely for summer 2025 unless we've really messed up the finances for the year and need to sell someone homegrown to meet requirements.

He'll get going again and be playing hopefully for us in CL and get some England call ups so that will increase his value significantly. 

JJ is struggling since his injury. Might be psychological. Might be still ongoing pain. Might just be totally out of form and needs to play himself back into it. Doesnt mean he is siht and needs to be sold/ dropped. He has proven himself particularly in the run in last season that he is a major plus point to our squad. 

Or it could be that the slower build up is effecting him badly as his skillset is based on quick transistion . 

Whatever it is, he is an asset to our squad and he should really improve again if he stays fit and gets a run of games. 

9 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Very little respect or loyalty shown here, one of our own was just a song, we should be singing what have you done for me lately.

All of a sudden “never rated him” crowd pipes up, says more about you than him.

supporters always demanding more and more from our players, stellar performances in the past are long forgotten, one rough patch and we’re ready to get rid, sad.

He’ll be shutting that crowd up as soon as he’s properly fit and regaining some form… has had to face some adversity…but will overcome it and show his class again. will be really important for the rest of the season if he can steer clear of any further issues…

We really have had rotten luck with severe injuries to players (widely overlooked) who were crucial last season, just highlights how incredible a job Unai has done with us flying high in the league despite that.

Still so young, so talented and has huge potential - just ask Unai (see recent comments).

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Don’t think he will be sold this summer. Contract doesn’t match up, won’t be at his highest value due to lack of play time, and has a unique style that is really missing for us right now (athletic ball carrier who can also track back defensively).

All of the key games we won last season, he played a big part in. Been a big miss without him fit. 

Edited by DJBOB

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He literally just " came back from injury " in this game also?

So disappointing how a few turn so drastically and quickly on our best and most valued players with zero empathy or understanding…

While Unai has raised expectations by working wonders, basically overachieving with the players/squad at his disposal… (and, unlike any previous manager I can think of, managed to deal with and overcome setbacks and adversity, namely major injuries to key players, that would otherwise have derailed us and seen us wither away and drop down the standings) has this also created a really entitled section of the fanbase?

Unpleasant… some people seemed to have lost a grasp on reality and have incredibly short memories… or maybe it’s just a complete lack of appreciation and uncontrollable need for instant gratification…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hoping JJ is back up and fit to start soon. Seemed to be moving around much better for his appearance at Chelsea.

Almost all of our good play had him as a focus at the tail end of last year and we've missed his mobility, ball carrying, defensive contributions as a wingback for Moreno.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thought he did OK when he came on and stretched the play a bit more and personally would like him to start the next match.

We need to change things up a bit and would be pleased if he gets his chance.

Always plays well against the red scum

On 30/01/2024 at 23:47, Tom13 said:

Even before his injury, he'd always have games where he's completely anonymous. If there's not space to run into, he struggles.

its a squad trait.

Â