Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, Strog said:

I would question the diligence of our medical staff, has he been rushed back too soon? Let’s hope it’s not a big set back.

I've been questioning that since Carlos got injured and it appeared they treated it as cramp on the pitch.  Can't of helped the situation surely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Sounds like they're fine for Sunday. Not going to be risked against our easiest remaining fixture this year 

That's what I'm reading in to that quote... but the injury rumours that have been leaked about our players to date have almost always been right. Suggests there's some loose lips in our physio team, or at whichever place we do our scans at.

Fingers crossed until we hear more, would love to be pleasantly surprised 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That's what I'm reading in to that quote... but the injury rumours that have been leaked about our players to date have almost always been right. Suggests there's some loose lips in our physio team, or at whichever place we do our scans at.

Fingers crossed until we hear more, would love to be pleasantly surprised 

Strong rumours that he’s broken his 3rd metatarsal. Wasn’t detected at the time just his 4th and 5th .

Three to ten weeks recovery depending on severity.Scandalous if true! What are the medical team doing?

That’s what’s being reported on H&V site

Just now, Galway Lion said:

Strong rumours that he’s broken his 3rd metatarsal. Wasn’t detected at the time just his 4th and 5th .

Three to ten weeks recovery depending on severity.Scandalous if true! What are the medical team doing?

I'm not sure a broken metatarsal can be blame on the medical team if it's a different bone.

I dont have a great deal of confidence in them from the little we can infer from other set backs we've faced and the treatment given Carlos, but if it is a new break, or even a re break, it's probably not their fault. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

His 4th and 5th are the ones he did initially?

What's H&V?

5 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

the medical team were clearly too busy focussing on stretching out Diego Carlos' foot/ankle ligaments while he had a serious Achilles injury......

(not sure if any of you saw that, but i found that shocking)

This seems like another professional and elite bit of work by them.

These injury rumours are pissing me off, it's like having an itk that actually becomes true, which for the life of us we can never get in the transfer thread. The rumors seems too specific for it to not be true.... But I got it isn't.... Sense of de ja vu setting in though as I've typed the same for u Buendia and Mings

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

If he "felt something" after Chelsea, he should've had imaging done straight away, not after playing another game.

Seems like it’s a reoccurrence of the injury suffered against Chelsea from this reading, and it a reoccurrence of the broken foot. 

i hope so anyway. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Seems like it’s a reoccurrence of the injury suffered against Chelsea from this reading, and it a reoccurrence of the broken foot. 

i hope so anyway. 

Strange he seemingly trained the whole week (although he wasn't involved v Everton) and looked good coming on v Brighton and now it's seemingly flared up.

Last season we certainly rushed Kamara back too early and then lost him for another six weeks but luckily it didn't matter as the other midfielders stepped up.

Moreno was back involved on the bench and seems that was too soon and he'll return now after October break.

Hopefully this isn't too bad for Jacob otherwise we won't see him play again until early 2024 which will be a big blow given his quality.

8 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Not sure how bones repair but I’m not sure how breaking 3 as opposed to 2 would make any difference. Surely if he’s been in a boot they would repair themselves irrespective of how many were broken. 

15 hours ago, Strog said:

I would question the diligence of our medical staff, has he been rushed back too soon? Let’s hope it’s not a big set back.

I would say that the reaction, in the heat of the moment, with just a couple of minutes to evaluate a situation whilst a match is being played, should not be indicative of the overall competence of our medical team.

Protecting the health of the players is literally protecting the investment from the owners. These are two very wealthy and very experienced sports team owners. They've had the opportunity to clear house when there's a managerial change, along with the fact that Unai is not only a perfectionist, but also relies on the competency of the medical staff to help him field the best team possible. This would indicate that they are happy with the medical team that we have.

We are a wealthy premier league club. We can literally attract the best sports medical professionals in the world if we needed to. The fact that we haven't says a lot IMO.

Â