250,000 in town drinking and celebrating 

No Vile

Double year

Leyland DAF cup winners 

Mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if that cack nosed s**t-wizard even considered him for a second for a senior call up. 

image.png.a7943d59fdd25241ee485853bcecae7c.png

'Cack nosed s**t-wizard'.....my word what an image. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Haha - he’s fine. Basically stems from Villa fans banging on about how good Smith was compared to Arteta. 

Nah, he shifted it to Smith.

It started because much like many many others, he didn't like Villa fans crowing about Grealish so insisted over and over he was garbage. No evidence, just wanted to throw his weight around.

Then we beat them to stay up. Then we smashed them at their place. Then we beat them again. I still didn't listen to the pods because he is insufferable.

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if that cack nosed s**t-wizard even considered him for a second for a senior call up. 

As much as I can’t stand Southgate, I think he will call up Ramsey. He likes players that have played through the age groups (to show its part of his legacy). He’ll call Ramsey up once and not play him, then tell him he needs Champions League football and continue to play Conor Gallagher and Kalvin Phillips, or even Curtis Jones.

• Like 3

I was reminded how good he looks when he drives forward with the ball. And he's a natural goal scorer to boot. If he can stay healthy and keep developing his skills, he can be world class.

What impresses right now is him being as an experienced player, I remember his first game against Wolves away I guess (our only win against them) I watched it with La Liverpool friend I remember telling him his best this getting the ball further, then he kept getting minutes and near to score. I used to argue here that usually being near scoring is as good as scoring (apart from confidence) it shows you that a player such Ramsey knows how to attack the goal, he didn’t score that season but he was near. Then Gerrard used him as a third CM which didn’t give him much freedom although still contributing. However Emery played him in his best position, similar to Grealish. 
I’m not sure if he’s ready to start yet but we really need him, I think we’ve really missed his contribution with Moreno (not that I’m not happy with Dinge improved performances).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

As much as I can’t stand Southgate, I think he will call up Ramsey. He likes players that have played through the age groups (to show its part of his legacy). He’ll call Ramsey up once and not play him, then tell him he needs Champions League football and continue to play Conor Gallagher and Kalvin Phillips, or even Curtis Jones.

Curtis Jones and Conor Gallagher aren't playing Champions League football. Gallagher isn't even playing in any European competition.

Oh sorry Gallagher plays for Chelsea.

32 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Curtis Jones and Conor Gallagher aren't playing Champions League football. Gallagher isn't even playing in any European competition.

Oh sorry Gallagher plays for Chelsea.

I know but they don’t play for us, so  Southgate will justify it. It’s only our players that he comes out with rubbish for

• Like 1

What do we all think of Ramsey's long term position? The current LM role feels tailor made for him but also very Emery specific, if (god help us) Emery was to leave or change formation completely do people still see him as more of a CM as before or as a permanent left wing player?

Feel the lack of clarity on what role might hurt his England chances, which whilst we might not be bothered with, matters to the players a lot clearly.

See also: JJ's reaction to being shown his FIFA card in which he puzzled asks LM? when he sees his position

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know but they don’t play for us, so  Southgate will justify it. It’s only our players that he comes out with rubbish for

Southgate spends too much time hand wringing over "getting the right profile of player". And if he cant blame profile it will be injuries or lack of experience while continuing to play his favourites in friendlies 🤡 

Any decent manager would have brought Ramsey into the squad by now!

Edited by birdman

1 hour ago, ZL- said:

What do we all think of Ramsey's long term position? The current LM role feels tailor made for him but also very Emery specific, if (god help us) Emery was to leave or change formation completely do people still see him as more of a CM as before or as a permanent left wing player?

Feel the lack of clarity on what role might hurt his England chances, which whilst we might not be bothered with, matters to the players a lot clearly.

See also: JJ's reaction to being shown his FIFA card in which he puzzled asks LM? when he sees his position

Have had these thoughts myself and thought the same when he saw the FIFA card! I'm not sure to be honest. I remember when Steven was playing him CM though, he played one game VS City in a more advanced role and was so dangerous with his ball carrying.

On 21/09/2023 at 10:32, Tom13 said:

I agree with @Philosopher. McGinn is obviously a very good player, but he's not quite creative enough/good enough in tight spaces to hold down an attacking role in this side long term IMO. He'll get plenty of minutes though no doubt.

He is right....SJM has not got the quick feet for the tight spaces.

However, he has got the muscle to hold off pressers, and he has got the vision, for the killer pass.

Some of the players with the quick feet, haven't got what SJM has got, thats where diversity kicks in..... we can't build a team with all the attributes being similar.

Back to JJ....He too has the ball carrying attribute, we have been missing, and his inclusion, brings an additional threat to the team.

One hell of a player, and I think he hasn't reached his ceiling.....will be a hard player to hold on to.

I think its only a matter of time, before he is called up the the senior International team.....He has the X Factor.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is right....SJM has got the quick feet for the tight spaces.

However, he has got the muscle to hold off pressers, and he has got the vision, for the killer pass.

Some of the players with the quick feet, haven't got what SJM has got, thats where diversity kicks in..... we can't build a team with all the attributes being similar.

Back to JJ....He too has the ball carrying attribute, we have been missing, and his inclusion, brings an additional threat to the team.

One hell of a player, and I think he hasn't reached his ceiling.....will be a hard player to hold on to.

I think its only a matter of time, before he is called up the the senior International team.....He has the X Factor.

JJ will get there v soon.  Him and Colwill are the two that stand out at u21 level for their maturity and class. Yes he has the x factor without being a personality like Grealish. His tactical awareness is huge . 

In this country now the only 3 clubs that guarantee top 5 for the next 3 years are city arse and liverpool. I cannot see him wanting to go abroad so then its pretty much of a muchness between us and the other 5 pretenders. Of course Man utd when they get bought could turn into a force again but the Glasers dont care about anything other than money. It could be a few more years before they feel they have maximised value.

I guess what i am saying is that for a few years at least if we continue to progress and invest heavily and wisely there might not be a  better choice than committing to us . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Seeing him alongside Bellingham for England would be fantastic for the area.

Would be fantastic for England too. And thankfully they're coming into their peak years at the end of Southgates era. Lets hope the next manager knows how to use them properly.

That goal was so good... carried on where he'd left off before his injury which is a great sign!

Edited by MrBlack

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He is right....SJM has not got the quick feet for the tight spaces.

Great post TRO 👍🏻

57 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Would be fantastic for England too. And thankfully they're coming into their peak years at the end of Southgates era. Lets hope the next manager knows how to use them properly.

That goal was so good... carried on where he'd left off before his injury which is a great sign!

The issue is Southgates rigid 433 wirh 2 holding midfielders. So in effect he is challenging Bellingham for a spot. 

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The issue is Southgates rigid 433 wirh 2 holding midfielders. So in effect he is challenging Bellingham for a spot. 

some challenge...as I rate Bellingham very highly, as I do our JJ.

not all games require 2 holding players....thats where the managers tactics v the opposition come in.

Edited by TRO

Â