Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Too bad he's not coming through the academy this year. He'd have been sold for £12m pure FFP profit and be playing in Sheffield 

OR... he'd be identified as one of the creme crop at the Academy who has the potential to make an impact now so be retained... like Kellyman etc 🤔

• Like 2

Kellyman is three years younger than Aaron Ramsey, Aaron is a better player than Kellyman now and was a better player when he was Kellyman's age, we haven't sold Aaron Ramsey and kept Kellyman, because Kellyman will make a bigger impact now, we've sold Aaron Ramsey because he needed Premier League football, Kellyman's at a completely different stage of his career, he's not even had his first loan yet, if he gets to Aaron's age and is good enough that another Premier League team want to pay ten million plus for him and we want to add a buy-back then he will be doing very well

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Don’t see any of our outstanding academy players pulling up any trees at their new clubs do we?

Maybe their not as good as we thought or just not ready for the PL yet.

None of our successful academy graduates were pulling up trees after a handful of games. Look back at the JJ and Grealish threads. Both had plenty of people saying they were poor/not ready/"dogshit"

I'm hoping they do really well, but also get relegated, so we can buy them back on the cheap :) 

Having him, Diego and Alex back is absolutely massive. He was so good when he came on yesterday. He really seems to have added physicality and game intelligence over the past 6 months or so. He really is getting much more game involvement now too. 

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah...those two words no longer mean anything to me.

There was a Rose Royce in there as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Oozes class while making it look effortless?

Yeah, it’s basically that isn’t it. Classy, controlled, glides around the pitch. Usually the term is reserved for defenders but you hear it used for all kinds of players and even managers. I remember a Football Cliches podcast on the topic, a riveting conversation it was. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah, it’s basically that isn’t it. Classy, controlled, glides around the pitch. Usually the term is reserved for defenders but you hear it used for all kinds of players and even managers. I remember a Football Cliches podcast on the topic, a riveting conversation it was. 

I think it works for Defenders and Central Midfielders, for others I don't think so. 

• Like 1

Just been watching the game back. His passing is so underated. He ran across from right to left and then with his left foot totally split the brighton midfield with a perfect ball to Digne. And its not just the placement, its the tempo he does it at that is so important to getting us playing well.

• Like 3

Â