Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, bobzy said:

I didn't notice a heel step so will refrain from any "I'd be fuming if" comments until MOTD :D 

Fair enough - just rewatch it and you'll see 👍 That tiny push definitely wasn't why he went down/VAR chalked it off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It can’t be terrible defending if you’ve been fouled in fact double fouled - push in the back and the guy stepping on his heel.

That "push" in the back is never a foul - honestly, please don't call that a foul.  It just isn't.  As I said to @lexicon though, I didn't notice the heel step.

Just now, bobzy said:

That "push" in the back is never a foul - honestly, please don't call that a foul.  It just isn't.  As I said to @lexicon though, I didn't notice the heel step.

I think it was given for the step on his heel, looked nasty.

Anyway Ramsey was good today, Watkins linked well with him too.

Ramsey is so positive with the ball, always looking forward. Great to see!

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It is a foul though according to the laws of the game. The only physical contact allowed is shoulder on shoulder. 

Carried the ball well and got stuck in defensively. Bailey should have finished the ball from him and he missed some other passes. 

Still getting up to speed from his layoff but much needed in the side. 

Even sky still haven't picked up on the heel stamp the clowns. The pen was for the heel stamp, not the push which is why the ref went back to check after originally giving the goal. 

Anyway, bit indifferent for JJ today. Gave possession away cheaply at times but very involved in much of our good play. Hopefully getting back to match fitness we'll start to see him impose himself in games again. 

18 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Carried the ball well and got stuck in defensively. Bailey should have finished the ball from him and he missed some other passes. 

Still getting up to speed from his layoff but much needed in the side. 

yeah he's definitely still shaking off some rust 

I think Emery is getting him to calm down a bit more when he receives the ball. Under Smith and Gerrard he just took off the minute he got the ball at high speed and more often than not, ran down blind alleys. He’s passing it a more ( nice passing range too ) and seeing that everything doesn’t have to be 100 miles an hour. 

He is the only midfielder we have who can break the lines and carry the ball 50/60 yards up the pitch. The game we really missed him in since Emery has been here was the Liverpool game, it was the perfect game for him. 

Edited by WHY

2 hours ago, WHY said:

He is the only midfielder we have who can break the lines and carry the ball 50/60 years up the pitch. The game we really missed him in since Emery has been here was the Liverpool game, it was the perfect game for him. 

You mean ….

image.gif.a0378dec6cc4b04c45b6141c17e1a631.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Think he’s improving defensively, his positioning and pressing was good yesterday, starting to become a complete player. 

Almost as if he's been trained more than 'have running power' 'use running power' ' have legs'

Ramsay has some wonderful gifts and athleticism but if wants to kick on further he needs to be more visible on the ball, take a lot more responsibility, I've said it since last season. He can do it he's got all the ability in the world....and now even a coach.

• Like 3

Â