Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think you would be looking at £ 10-15 million easily. 

Not a chance

£15m would make him about the 12th most expensive goalkeeper of all time

I would be lying if I said I had been impressed by him. Weak aerially and has some really, really, soft goals have gone past him - struggles to get down quickly - Paul Robinsonesque.

Though I admit he came in during an absolute shit show and needs to be given the benefit of the doubt and all that (same situation with Johnstone who I wrote off quite early)

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not a chance

That's true but a lot of those prices were in 'old' money, ie before things went crazy. 15 million is a stretch I agree, but I think Jed Steer in current form is around a £8m-£10m player. I'm happy to start the Prem with him, he will be steady enough. 

The big money in football is basically 10-15 or so clubs outside the PL and the clubs in the PL.

Outside of that there is no big money. OK China I guess.

The number of clubs willing to pay big-ish money for a keeper is limited and most of those clubs are already set or looking at much better.

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That's true but a lot of those prices were in 'old' money, ie before things went crazy. 15 million is a stretch I agree, but I think Jed Steer in current form is around a £8m-£10m player. I'm happy to start the Prem with him, he will be steady enough. 

If anyone is offering £10m for Jed Steer then we should be biting their hand, arm and shoulder off

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If anyone is offering £10m for Jed Steer then we should be biting their hand, arm and shoulder off

Well we bought Lovre for 7m, and Steer was good enough to hold his spot so 10m is honestly around the mark.....

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd rather keep him.  Not to say he's "worth" £10m, but he's got an understanding with our team and replacing all of that would be madness for a fee that isn't astronomical at all.

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well we bought Lovre for 7m, and Steer was good enough to hold his spot so 10m is honestly around the mark.....

That's not really how it works. Nobody would pay anywhere approaching £10m for Jed Steer at the current time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

That's not really how it works. Nobody would pay anywhere approaching £10m for Jed Steer at the current time. 

I said 8m-10m, and I'm happy to stand by that.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A player is worth what someone is willing to pay.

In what world is anyone going to pay £8m for Jed Steer?

A players value is always seen differently by buying and selling clubs.

In this instance it's our first choice keeper, he's homegrown which adds value, how much would it cost to replace him? Do we want to sell him? Is it worth the upheaval of integrating yet another new face in to the squad in such an important position? Once all of these factors have been taken in to account you have our magic number.

Personally, I think Steer is worth about £6m-£7m. I don't think anyone is likely to offer us that, but that's his value to us right now I think.

35 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That logic doesn't work.

If we sold Jed Steer this summer  then we'd be doing amazingly well to get £5m.

I honestly think it would be around 2 or 3 million

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'd rather keep him.  Not to say he's "worth" £10m, but he's got an understanding with our team and replacing all of that would be madness for a fee that isn't astronomical at all.

We could probably buy two keepers who are better than Steer for £10m

Weird one for Jed. What has he ever done wrong for us? He is a solid performer. Doesn't do anything spectacular on regular occasions, but maybe because his positioning is so good and he just makes it look easy. Would be harsh to drop him yet again, but I see that happening as we look for a class above. But I also would not be surprised if we kept him in the starting 11, he did really well and was in the England squad with Jack come Christmas. ;)

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not a chance

I am saying that's what it would cost. Not that it would happen. 

If you think a promoted team would sell their Nr1 26 year old keeper, who was rock solid leading to promotion, with 10 seasons left in him, for less than £10-15 million in a market like this where bang mediocre players will go for £ 15 million then you would be surprised. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We could probably buy two keepers who are better than Steer for £10m

Hah. Like the one Steer replaced? £ 7 mill was it? If you or anyone else can name s single keeper for less than £10 million that would replace Steer you should contact out scouting department and teach them how stuff works. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That logic doesn't work

If we sold Jed Steer this summer  then we'd be doing amazingly well to get £5m.

I honestly think it would be around 2 or 3 million

Ofc it works. 

£ 2-3 million for a keeper that just got his team promoted? 26 years old and English? You must be taking the piss. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hah. Like the one Steer replaced? £ 7 mill was it? If you or anyone else can name s single keeper for less than £10 million that would replace Steer you should contact out scouting department and teach them how stuff works. 

Was actually €6m 

Â