Match Thread: QPR v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, jim said:

You two must be seeing something I’m not then. I’m not seeing much of an improvement thus far same old issues and fannying around with the ball. 

I think it's night and day. 

High defensive line, pressing from the front, actually getting runners beyond the ball. Finally a Villa manager who wants to be proactive rather than reactive.

We look sloppy on the ball at times and players on different wave lengths but i'm willing to chalk that up to a new system. Defence is a worry although will hopefully improve somewhat as they get more used to the style, it is clear that both full backs are completely out their depth though.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Do you mean all the shit players that Bruce brought or loaned in or are you talking about a completely different set of shit players that were never Bruced?

I said didn’t blame him for all our problems. Just most of them.  Fans seem to think we had top players and he wasn’t coaching them well. In reality we have shit players with most of them having been signing by him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I genuinely cannot see us being promoted.

Agree with all that. I am seeing some things here which give me a lot of hope. Less fussed on results now, as much as I want instant success - but I think we will get there- keep going DS, aint nobody turning a Steve Bruce team into Barca-lite in 3 games. 

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

Brucey boy really left behind a mess of a team.

That defence is a laughing stock. Only Tuanzebe is good enough

And the last prat played him at RB. 

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

I was coming on here thinking everyone would be behind the team and think we played well....Thought there was a lot more energy and some decent football personally. 3 goals for villa 2nd half.

That would be lovely to see, really would, only way that's happening is if our energy keeps flowing and we can break them down.

QPR however are keeping as many back and breaking with almost the entire team, they may decide to keep more back and be happy for a one goal lead.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can see the plan - I just don't agree with it - we are so slow to build up QPR are ready and waiting when (if) we ever get to the penalty area.

There is nothing wrong with the plan, we are just unable to implement it properly. 

Its clear that he has asked them to retain the ball, move it quicker and press higher up the pitch - I think it’s our best chance of winning a few games

We will be better when we have three or four new players in January. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

High defensive line, pressing from the front, actually getting runners beyond the ball. Finally a Villa manager who wants to be proactive rather than reactive.

We look sloppy on the ball at times and players on different wave lengths but i'm willing to chalk that up to a new system. Defence is a worry although will hopefully improve somewhat as they get more used to the style, it is clear that both full backs are completely out their depth though.

Id rather have goals , points, and wins - and forgoe the systems

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

100% this is completely different the shit served up over the last 2yrs m, anyone that says there is no improvement are posting for effect..

Of our 4 wide players only 1 have the ability to beat his man and neither of them can cross the ball with quality on a regular basis.

Only Kodjer is any kind of threat and he tries too often to do it on his own.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Some players just not good enough for Smith's football. Tactics are A1.

Thanks for letting me know - if our tactics are a1 - Steve Mcclaren must be in line for the Man U Job.