Dean Smith

Demitri_C

There seems to be an inflexible attitude to change things, we just keep banging our heads against the wall regardless of performance. A lot of our problems stem from Wesley. Teams simply don’t fear him at all and are becoming increasingly happy to move their defensive line up the pitch. He doesn’t shoot, doesnt break lines, is unable to hold the ball up. Yet he never gets subbed off. It’s embarrassing. We never look to try anything different, ever. Midfield is a shambles, seemingly weak as piss. It could be they’ve lost all faith in the front man and so aren’t quite sure what to do. Smith has to drop Wesley and try something else, anything else. ElGhazi or Trez as the front runner, just try something! Wesley is a passenger 90% of the time and if Dean is not careful he’ll get dragged down by this blind faith in a player that is contributing next to nothing. January needs to bring us a proper front man and a strong, physical CM that can play in and around the centre circle, not keep dropping so deep as to turn the back 4 into a back 5, or 6. Oh, and stop fannying around with the ball in and around our own penalty area. Lost count today of the amount of times we gave up possession in a dangerous area because players want another touch, another little turn. 

• Like 1

Dean being a Villa man, could come out in pre match interview and just reassure the fans why he continues to play Wesley, cause most of us have no idea?

I'm beginning to think this 4 year contract was given as some sort of bonus for getting us up. It will be harsh if they let him go after all he has done for us, so maybe the compensation would be the thanks. Didn't this happen to another manager, can't remember who?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

I dont understand people who dont understand that we just got through our worse part of the season (game wise).

1.Few games we can climb up masively.

2.Look at our next oponents !!!

We were meant to beat Burnley at home. And Bournemouth. Fancied to beat West Ham too. Do you not think our next opponents are actually relishing the thought of playing us ? This run of games talk is shite. It's the next game. The way we are playing now, we could conceivably lose all those.

Yes we need to improve, but recently we have played:

Man City - L (1st last season)

Liverpool - L (2nd last season)

Wolves - L (7th last season)

Newcastle - W (13th last season)

Man Utd - D (6th last season)

Chelsea - L (3rd last season)

Leicester - L (9th last season - but currently probably the 2nd best teak in the Prem)

That is a seriously difficult run of games.

Our remaining run for Dec is:

Sheff Utd, Southampton, Norwich, Watford.

I think Jan 1st will tell us how well our season is going so far, regardless of how we have played the last 7 games, we cant fully judge until end of Dec i think, that will really tell us what our season will be (ie: mid/lower table fight or relegation struggle)

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

How he keeps playing Wesley and elmohamady is staggering, today proved neither is good enough, McGinn has been shit for weeks needs to freshen up the team

To be fair he has only opted to play Elmohamady over Guilbert ONE time since Guilbert came in. Agreed it was the wrong decision though.

Mings should of been subbed before their first goal, it was his hamstring so never should of been let back on. Why cant we shut up shop and keep a game close?  They could of had 8 goals and made shit out of us all game, terrible tactics and player selection, how does Kodjia not get a run when Wesley is so bad?  Elmo over Guilbert vs Leicester ??? Not looking good for us 

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We were meant to beat Burnley at home. And Bournemouth. Fancied to beat West Ham too. Do you not think our next opponents are actually relishing the thought of playing us ? This run of games talk is shite. It's the next game. The way we are playing now, we could conceivably lose all those.

Dude are u sure u not over reacting? We just got owned by leicester who is second in the league on insane form absolutely owned.And its fine!  It doesnt mean we play like this every game. I think we play good football.

Can u elaborate the way we are playing now part???? Because i dont see the huge problem u see in our playing.

Edited by Tumblerseven

Starting Elmo over Guilbert today was completely wrong. Really disappointed in him regarding that decision. Sure Elmo done fine against Chelsea but Guilbert is far superior and should've been straight back in, **** all the earn the place back. 

Our remaining fixtures over this December period now are just massive. If we don't come away with a decent set of points then I will really start to worry.

• Like 2

Dude are u sure u not over reacting? We just got owned by leicester who is 2nd in the league on insane form absolutely owned.And its fine!  It doesnt mean we play like this every game. I think we play good football.

Can u elaborate the way we are playing now part????

My issue is people seeing a run of games coming up and thinking a team who were appaling today ( certainly not fine ) can suddenly turn up and take points in those games.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yes we need to improve, but recently we have played:

Man City - L (1st last season)

Liverpool - L (2nd last season)

Wolves - L (7th last season)

Newcastle - W (13th last season)

Man Utd - D (6th last season)

Chelsea - L (3rd last season)

Leicester - L (9th last season - but currently probably the 2nd best teak in the Prem)

That is a seriously difficult run of games.

Our remaining run for Dec is:

Sheff Utd, Southampton, Norwich, Watford.

I think Jan 1st will tell us how well our season is going so far, regardless of how we have played the last 7 games, we cant fully judge until end of Dec i think, that will really tell us what our season will be (ie: mid/lower table fight or relegation struggle)

6-9 points required 

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

My issue is people seeing a run of games coming up and thinking a team who were appaling today ( certainly not fine ) can suddenly turn up and take points in those games.

U have issues with the people who look at man city and Watford and who say we have more chances of winning against watford than man city? I mean ok... Cant do much here its absolutely  ilogical.

I have issues with people who overeacts after one bad game against second team in the league on insane form.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair he has only opted to play Elmohamady over Guilbert ONE time since Guilbert came in. Agreed it was the wrong decision though.

True but Guilbert is twice the player elmohamady is, needed him today with his pace 

• Like 1

U have issues with the people who look at man city and Watford and who say we have more chances of winning against watford than man city? I mean ok... Cant do much here its absolutely  ilogical.

I have issues with people who overeacts after one bad game against second team in the league on insane form.

The taxonomy of some Aston Villa fans.  A strange specises Overreactionus Princessarandem

Â