Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But everyone knew this season that it would take time to adjust to life without Jack. We've had to pretty much develop a new system to adapt, it was always going to produce a few crap performances.

So comparing last season to a period this season when we were obviously going to struggle is pointless.

True but there’s been too many crap performances for my liking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Most of the teams in this league haven't been playing in the Championship the last few years so how are they supposed to have "progressed" as much as us as you put it?

Also going from mid table to top 6 is a much bigger task than going from the Championship to PL mid table.

So I guess progress is a little subjective here.

So we've had sustained progress then. 

Thanks for playing. Your original point was wrong. 

34 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Not hard to progress a club that was on the cusp of going out of business 3 years 4 months ago.

Not hard to progress. A bit different to progress more than nearly every other professional club in the country. 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

OK then. If you say so. 

Every team that spends money clearly always progress. Like Fulham, sheff u and Leeds. Yeah must be really easy. 

It would be most Interesting to read......your opinion of why the capitulation took place....Inc the part Dean Smith played in it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're amongst the worst in the league at creating chances attacking wise, and what we have created has come very recently.

Early on we were creating relatively nothing

Indeed, thankfully in the early games we had an abnormally high conversion rate of chances.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're amongst the worst in the league at creating chances attacking wise, and what we have created has come very recently.

Not surprised though early on between the preseason and start of the season with injuries to our offensive creative area like Buendia, Bailey, Traore, Watkins…we were really hampered and only now can they start to get up to speed and some of the chances are coming.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's why we need to get Traore and Bailey into this starting line up IMO. 

I'd be surprised if Dean persisted with this 3 at the back. 

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

OK then. If you say so. 

Every team that spends money clearly always progress. Like Fulham, sheff u and Leeds. Yeah must be really easy. 

Our owners have showed way more ambition than those clubs. You tend to forget about our great owners and top CEO, when you credit Smith. Not many mangers would struggle with the owners and recruitment we have made.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

It would be most Interesting to read......your opinion of why the capitulation took place....Inc the part Dean Smith played in it?

I've already said it was an awful result and a disaster. Obviously the manager takes some blame but it I can also understand why those subs were made. 

Serious lack of character and leadership from some towards the end, which I'm not sure I'm all in on blaming the manager for over a bad 10 minute spell. 

It was incredibly poor and can't be something we see often. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Our owners have showed way more ambition than those clubs. You tend to forget about our great owners and top CEO, when you credit Smith. Not many mangers would struggle with the owners and recruitment we have made.

I credit the whole set up. We are in a great position. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Frank Lampard struggled and Chelsea splashed more money for him. Ole not doing great either 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

OK then. If you say so. 

We were in decline for 10 years and at rock bottom on the verge of going out of business.  Not hard to progress from that, especially when you are taken over by ambitious multi billionaire owners.  

But if you say its hard then it must be so.

49 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

We were in decline for 10 years and at rock bottom on the verge of going out of business.  Not hard to progress from that, especially when you are taken over by ambitious multi billionaire owners.  

Isn't that the point?

We've had to come from a LOT further back, and we've drawn level and now we need to push on.

It's like saying "Oh Hamilton only came 6th but Verstappen came 5th" when Hamilton started from the back of the grid as if that's irrelevant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

You're ignoring what I've said. I didn't say progressing was hard. I said progressing more than nearly every other professional club in the country is difficult. Other teams have not been able to do it by just spending money. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Thank you.

I too am not blaming the manager.....but he will be held responsible by the owners, make no mistake about that.

i.e If a kid throws a book through the window in school, its not the teachers fault....but he sets the tone/discipline and the Headmaster will see it that way.

Dean needs for his own defence to look analytically at the last 15 minutes and the the 15 minutes prior, when the storm clouds were gathering and take the necessary action...he needs to put down a marker.

I agree with you about the character and leadership, I think he was let down badly.

He should be held responsible. I haven't defended that collapse once on here, despite multiple posts in the thread. It was an utter disaster of a result in the end. 

• Like 2

Â