Dean Smith

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Seemed to be in a very happy mood

Really enjoy his interviews, doesn't mess about, gets rite down to it, speaks the truth and a firm believer in what he's doing.

I would actually fear for society if Dean Smith was a cultist, he would have everyone believing lol.

Dean Smith for priminister 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

30 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Really enjoy his interviews, doesn't mess about, gets rite down to it, speaks the truth and a firm believer in what he's doing.

I would actually fear for society if Dean Smith was a cultist, he would have everyone believing lol.

Dean Smith for priminister 🤣

When you typed ‘rite’ I assume you meant to type ‘right’ and not the word meaning ‘a form of religious ceremony/passage’, even though the latter does pertain to Dean Smith’s cult status!

2 hours ago, brommy said:

When you typed ‘rite’ I assume you meant to type ‘right’ and not the word meaning ‘a form of religious ceremony/passage’, even though the latter does pertain to Dean Smith’s cult status!

The joke is far too high brow for the average villatalk member. I wouldn't be surprised if admin gave you a formal warning for this kind of repartee😉

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The joke is far too high brow for the average villatalk member. I wouldn't be surprised if admin gave you a formal warning for this kind of repartee😉

You underestimate the average VillaTalk member. This is not KRO, you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/12/2018 at 15:49, villalad21 said:

Seemed to be in a very happy mood

Interesting how Praiseworthy he was of Bruce's Team Last Season....I have heard him on a few occasions, being very respectful to Steve Bruce.

Shows what a top man he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Should have been braver and got O'Hare or Hogan up with Abraham. A midfield 2 of Whelan and Connor is the least pacey and dynamic pairing going. Little.wonder we created scraps at best.

Agreed.

I honestly don't understand what he see in Whelan

• Like 1

I have to say today was the first time that Smith has been here that I’ve been disappointed in him. Too late making subs, you could see El Ghazi was struggling and he should’ve changed it sooner. Hogan should’ve been on as soon as Shawcross was booked, to run in behind and pull them out of position. He was only on a few minutes and did it once where Shawcross was all over him. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, andym said:

So 10 games in and we have 18 points, and that is having played Norwich, Derby, Boro and Baggies away, Stoke and Forest at home, and also includes the Blues derby.

Pretty good really, considering we were robbed of 2 extra points against WBA thanks to cheating, and against Forest due to our utterly shit GK. After Leeds, we have (on paper) a much easier run, so the chance to push for the playoffs, especially if we can get players in in Jan.

Bruce's shit results against the poor teams we started the season against have basically cost us any chance of automatic promotion.

100% this 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I have to say today was the first time that Smith has been here that I’ve been disappointed in him. Too late making subs, you could see El Ghazi was struggling and he should’ve changed it sooner. Hogan should’ve been on as soon as Shawcross was booked, to run in behind and pull them out of position. He was only on a few minutes and did it once where Shawcross was all over him. 

He's human and will make mistakes - Bruce was just garbage who made mistakes consistently.

10 minutes ago, Dave J said:

He's human and will make mistakes - Bruce was just garbage who made mistakes consistently.

Of course he’ll make mistakes, never said he wouldn’t. Doesn’t mean I can’t comment when does make them.

As for Bruce, why even bring him up, he’s gone and today is nothin about him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, andym said:

Bruce's shit results against the poor teams we started the season against have basically cost us any chance of automatic promotion.

Win on Sunday and we are 9 points off top of the league with exactly half of the season to play.

Teams made that up in a week last season, nevermind 23 games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree.

He rescued a sinking ship so quickly there was bound to be a few leaks still poking around. The great thing from my point of view is that we still weren't that poor today. We just weren't our usual incredible selves. Missing your best player never helps either.

Subs should have been earlier though, we needed a lift. Really getting blue balled with O'Hare now.

• Like 1

Its the first time under Dean Smith, that I felt we done well to get a point.

The conditions clearly suited their "Out muscling" game which they did very well to be fair.

We had too many 5/10 performances to expect much more, but I am still concerned about our physical involvement in a game....they closed us down and nullified our play, whilst in contrast Joe Allen ran the show....We were not able to exhibit our technical superiority, but what bit they had was left unattended.

We have to get more players than just McGinn who are willing to get touch close and get their foot in or dare I even say track back.

Their 4 yellows ( despite the illegalness about them) showed where the commitment lay today.

Pleased we were able to come back from what looked like to me, a defeat.....but not pleased that we landed ourselves in that situation in the first place.

The main concern for me with this defence of ours is.....The ease and simplicity that they concede.....We have to work hard for what goals we get and then hand the opposition ones on a plate.

I wouldn't blame the manager for much today, it just highlights the shortfall for some weaponary in the squad.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â