Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Can't believe that. It's results and performance related business. Like any business.

seems like their plans include Dean and thats that.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Absolutely. 

Suso is being judged on one season, with one manager. But how can he succeed if the only manager he's worked with is failing to get the best from these players? No matter who we, realistically, signed this season, playing the system we do was going to result in a lot of defeats. 

IMO the reality is that Suso put together a squad more than capable of staying up, but the current coach has failed to do so. 

I honestly don't think you can put how shit Wesley, Trezeguet, Nakamba and Guilbert are back on Smith. They are not premier league footballers. Suso should be sacked. His hands were all over them signings

• Like 2

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I honestly don't think you can put how shit Wesley, Trezeguet, Nakamba and Guilbert are back on Smith. They are not premier league footballers. Suso should be sacked. His hands were all over them signings

We've definitely bring watching a different Nakamba. 

If Smith's job was safe no matter what then the club would have responded to last night's rumours, maybe not a direct rebuttal but something to indicate that he's not going anywhere, such as quotes from him that he's looking forward to the rest of the season or something like that. If John Percy has said his job is on the line then it's almost certainly true.

30 minutes ago, jim said:

What’s even more baffling is some people would rather us go down playing this shit football, than stay up with Big Sam playing shit, but effective football. 

The truism now is.....The spectacle we have all traded boring football for.....has now in itself become boring.

• Like 2

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

We've definitely bring watching a different Nakamba. 

I don't rate him. He needs an age on the ball to be effective. Far more miss than hit so far. We'd of got Billing for the same price. Way better player.

• Like 1

I really would be sorry to see Deano go,and I still think he could be a better manager from the experience of relegation. Monday was dreadful and painful to watch, but it's just like us to go and beat Chelsea the weekend. All this press talk of the manager being on the brink is certainly not helpful, it's just more negativity. Let's hope the players respond in the right way because the facts are we still have a chance of getting out of this, it's still in our hands,despite the woeful stats.

Mostly everyone to a man before the season kicked off said 17th would be okay. All is not lost, we have to keep the faith, because in my opinion, a new manager would be disastrous at this time of the season, I really hope we can somehow turn it round, am I fully confident we will ? No, but I will never throw in the towel where my team is concerned. 

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A 4 year contract would suggest that. Things change in a heartbeat. It's a results business. They know that.

Yeah, so how many results have to be poor for a penny to drop....or is it the manner of the defeats that trigger action?

what ever happens, i hope it is with measured logic they decide.

In the last 10 years 9 out of the 30 relegated teams bounced back in the first season and 5 kept their relegated manager to gain promotion....just a bit of useless information.

Edited by TRO

34 minutes ago, useless said:

After all this we'll probably go and beat Chelsea, woudn't surprise me at all. The way people are talking you'd think we were many points adrift in at the bottom of table, by Saturday evening we could find ourselves outside  the relegation zone with a game in hand.

Id say there is a less than 2"% chance of that happening

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah, so how many results have to be poor for a penny to drop....or is it the manner of the defeats that trigger action?

what ever happens, i hope it is with measured logic they decide.

I think the owners always knew the target in the summer was to stay in the league. I think with what they spent ( mind you spread out over 12 players ) they didn't think it would be this hard. Id be a bit worried to be honest. We have owners who, the dog on the street knows, wanted thierry henry.  A CEO who spent the summer bragging about our highly sophisticated and modern scouting network run by a sporting director who looks like he is way out of his depth. If it looks like a tom fox and paddy riley, well......

23 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Smith wanted Phillips, we got Nakamba and Douglas ....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really would be sorry to see Deano go,and I still think he could be a better manager from the experience of relegation. Monday was dreadful and painful to watch, but it's just like us to go and beat Chelsea the weekend. All this press talk of the manager being on the brink is certainly not helpful, it's just more negativity. Let's hope the players respond in the right way because the facts are we still have a chance of getting out of this, it's still in our hands,despite the woeful stats.

Mostly everyone to a man before the season kicked off said 17th would be okay. All is not lost, we have to keep the faith, because in my opinion, a new manager would be disastrous at this time of the season, I really hope we can somehow turn it round, am I fully confident we will ? No, but I will never throw in the towel where my team is concerned. 

I agree, but very few outside B6 was convinced.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The kid playing for Chelsea in midfield who's barely hit puberty will run nakamba and Luiz ragged.

Gilmore may well run rings around Nakamba & Luiz, he has done that against the Liverpool & Everton midfield over his last two games, and those two midfields are far more experienced and costly than ours. Then again it might turn out that Gilmore has flagged himself up and we do a number on him, what with being an away game rather than Stamford Bridge. We’ll see soon enough 

We are miles behind Europe in having a proper football orientated and focused network from top to bottom. Michael Zorc is the director of football at Dortmund, played over 450 games for them. Sebastian Kehl. Lars Ricken over youth. Ajax have loads of former players as directors and on the board. We need to stop giving important football decision making jobs to people who are not qualified and lack knowledge to make calls they are making.

• Like 1

Â