Dean Smith

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

In his present form....he is right.

his deterioration is quite concerning.

when he first came his play was amazing......whats gone wrong?

In his case, I can't blame Deano or coaching staff.

He doesn't lack ability of physical attributes, has everything to be a top defender.

He just seems to have massive total brain farts at times.

"Hey, I could simply pass this ball to a team mate in any direction, but i'm F#cking Tyrone Mings! I'll do a couple of lazy Cruyff turns, lose it and try to win it back as I love a good challenge!"

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Except for that match against the champions Man City... just before our last game... where we grafted, didn't look poor, didn't look disjointed, seemed to set up well tactically and lost 2-1, pushing Man City right until the end, after one of their goals was from a corner that shouldn't have been. But... we do all of the bolded against any team apparently.

Let me guess, it's no good if it's not in the league/ we've looked worse more than we have good/ we played their C-Team/ since then we looked bad against Leicester/ etc etc etc.

Can I just say it really is a myth that we look good in the few games we apparently do? Every **** game we just get dominated almost the entire way and every couple of games or so we nick a goal either through some lucky mistake(Spurs OG, Stones **** up) and manage to hold on keeping the scoreline tight despite the barrage of chances against us and people use that as a reason to show that we can be good. You will have to go all the way back to December against Newcastle to find a team we actually looked fully convincing in. And yes, that arguably includes Fulham and the Liverpool kids as well. When you score 4 goals in literally 3 shots in the first half, probably a fair deal of luck in there.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Can I just say it really is a myth that we look good in the few games we apparently do? Every **** game we just get dominated almost the entire way and every couple of games or so we nick a goal either through some lucky mistake(Spurs OG, Stones **** up) and manage to hold on despite the barrage of chances against us and people use that as a reason to show that we can be good. You will have to go all the way back to December against Newcastle to find a team we actually looked fully convincing in. And yes, that arguably includes Fulham and the Liverpool kids as well. When you score 4 goals in literally 3 shots in the first half, probably a fair deal of luck in there.

I thought we looked good against Burnley and fully deserved the win. Yes held on a bit at the end but should have killed the game off by then and had a stupid VAR decision go against us.

I think losing Heaton and in some respects Wesley has cost us.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought we looked good against Burnley and fully deserved the win. Yes held on a bit at the end but should have killed the game off by then and had a stupid VAR decision go against us.

I think losing Heaton and in some respects Wesley has cost us.

I disagree, And if you looked at the xGs for that game(I know that's a bad word here and all), they disagree too. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Wolves changed and tackled mediocrity head on.....they are where they are, because they grasped the nettle and done something about it......however they have done it....its working.

Many teams inc Sheff Utd have turned their fortunes around, by doing things right and a fair share of lady luck...success comes from doing things right and making more good decisions than bad ones.

No! They aren't! They didn't grasp anything! :lol:

They are where they are because they we given Champions League players and a Champions League manager in division 2. 

Could have been us, could have been Ipswich, could have been Rotherham.

Whoever got that link with Jorge Mendes would have ended up with Nuno, Neves, Jota, Patricio, Willy Boly take your pick.

"Wolves" didn't do anything, they were given a golden handshake and took it. No problem, would have been nice if it was us, but it wasn't.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Except for that match against the champions Man City... just before our last game... where we grafted, didn't look poor, didn't look disjointed, seemed to set up well tactically and lost 2-1, pushing Man City right until the end, after one of their goals was from a corner that shouldn't have been. But... we do all of the bolded against any team apparently.

Let me guess, it's no good if it's not in the league/ we've looked worse more than we have good/ we played their C-Team/ since then we looked bad against Leicester/ etc etc etc.

Ooh yeah forgot consistancy. All this proves the squad is not as crap as some fans make out. Leicester was another example the squad can perform.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine if we turned them over with him in charge 🕵️‍♂️

Or if they could do him a solid and let us win. For old times sake.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Also if Big Sam comes in, even if he keeps us up, we can kiss Jack goodbye. He's definitely not staying to play under him. So depressing.

Big Sam who had  signed  Jay Jay Okacha , Djorkaeff , Eidur Gudjohnsen ,  and Nicolas Anelka to name a few

He may be functional as manager but I don't think he's agasint flair players  and i think he knows how to use them when he has them

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Big Sam who had  signed  Jay Jay Okacha , Djorkaeff , Eidur Gudjohnsen ,  and Nicolas Anelka to name a few

He may be functional as manager but I don't think he's agasint flair players  and i think he knows how to use them when he has them

Add to that, we would be talking about having him, until the end of the season, to keep us up!

Does anyone think Jack would be against that?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

What, 20 years ago, after they were past their primes? Beyond his reputation for percentage football, signing him is a statement of intent and ambition or the lack thereof. Basically signals that's we have no addition being staying in this league at all costs. Why would Jack stay in that case?

Edited by Keyblade

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Fo' real.

The main worry is that we don't seem to be improving but, other than that, we're sort of roughly where I'd have expected us to be at this stage in the season.

This always happens after any bad run of form, though.

Agree but it’s the manner of the defeats really.

The players are regularly well below par, and it’s more and more frequently.

I could accept the points and the statistics, it’s not much away from what we’d have expected, but the performances are dire too often.

Edited by terrytini

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Also if Big Sam comes in, even if he keeps us up, we can kiss Jack goodbye. He's definitely not staying to play under him. So depressing.

yeah because being stuck out on the wing in this shit side is so much better......

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What, 20 years ago, after they were past their primes? Beyond his reputation for percentage football, signing him is a statement of intent and ambition or the lack thereof. Basically signals that's we have no addition being staying in this league at all costs. Why would Jack stay in that case?

Did you watch them play ?   , Okacha was far from past his prime   .. Gudjohnsen  left to join Chelsea and gave them 6 seasons  , Anelka also left and gave Chelsea 4 seasons

Allardyce uses sports science and innovative techniques in coaching his teams, such as computerised performance analysis  , a lot of his former players have cited his preparation as his main strength, which allows his teams to have better organisation and defensive stability.

I think i'd take that over zonal marking and the worst defence in the league

Long term , I'd say we would have better options available to us being in the Prem next season than we would in the Championship with Smith  ... I get people are excited by the idea of a young manager improving young players  , but so far we aren't really seeing that improvement , in the team or the players

• Like 1

Â