Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Don't think we're gonna stay up. Not enough about this team. 

But I don't think Deano is the problem. We just have wayyyy too many poor players. El Ghazi, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Wesley, Hause. Big pile of shit. 

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A Chris Wilder that seemed very very happy for his players to stroll through the game and not get injured ...and we still created nothing.

you mean apart from davis' missed header and the 2 good saves from davis and McGinn? maybe even chuck in the el ghazi ball which davis couldn't reach too

we created more than they did

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

you mean apart from davis' missed header and the 2 good saves from davis and McGinn? maybe even chuck in the el ghazi ball which davis couldn't reach too

we created more than they did

Alot more.

Just now, DCJonah said:

We have a poor squad but that was better than how we ended. 

I don't know where the goals are going to come from. 

samatta off davis

the problem is the midfield is so weak they couldn't cope with having a body taken out of there

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Good result. Draw was fair despite the fact they had a definite goal and we should have had a penalty.

Not a great performance but to be expected in the circumstances. Whatever formation Dean was trying to achieve,  its not going to create much in the way of goals with Davis as a lone striker and Grealish effectively a wing back. Maybe just going defensive with the opposition in mind

No draw wouldn't have been fair.

They created nothing. We should have scored 2-3 goals if more clinical.

I think we played well but the problem is we really need someone to start scoring, Davis has 2/3 decent chances that he should do better with. 

I understand we've just come back from a 3 month absence but considering the hype Sheffield United get they really didn't threaten us at all, dodgy goal line tech aside 😶, did they have any other chances? 

A tighter Aston Villa team from Smith especially first-half.

We tired (as did they) and the substitutes changed the dynamic in their favour last ten minutes or so.

Pity we didn't get a win but hopefully some confidence from a clean sheet.

Shows you on an even-footing there is not much difference between the two teams, remember they have over-achieved and we have under-achieved this season.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A tighter Aston Villa team from Smith especially first-half.

We tired (as did they) and the substitutes changed the dynamic in their favour last ten minutes or so.

Pity we didn't get a win but hopefully some confidence from a clean sheet.

Shows you on an even-footing there is not much difference between the two teams, remember they have over-achieved and we have under-achieved this season.

That's the PL though - fine margins.

This was a winnable game imo - we are now getting into the realms of getting shock results to stay afloat.

0-0 and being the better side isn't going to cut it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

samatta off davis

the problem is the midfield is so weak they couldn't cope with having a body taken out of there

I wouldn't be against going back to 3-5-2. 

2 forwards with grealish central

• Like 1

Just now, Villarocker said:

You were happy with that? Play like that and we are down for sure. 

same as in the build up we were losing that game for sure...

we're one point off safety with 9 games left including one of the teams we can overtake

nothing is for sure

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I seriously don't know how people can be so annoyed with that game. 

Crazy.

Because that was first game back and chance to show what they're made of. They didn't do it and were lucky to escape with a point. Play like that and we lose to almost all our remaining opposition for sure. 

For me, that was a game that we needed to win. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We looked very good defensively. Something to build from.

Yeah apart from when either Konsa or Hause passed the ball straight to them at the edge of our box. If we were 2-3 games into this mini-season that's a certain opposition goal.

Edited by Spray
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Because that was first game back and chance to show what they're made of. They didn't do it and were lucky to escape with a point. Play like that and we lose to almost all our remaining opposition for sure. 

Maybe...

Or we win three and draw two of our remaining matches and we have a good chance of staying up.

Our season did not rest on tonight's match, what it did do though is give us a little confidence from a clean sheet against a team chasing CL Top Four. Perspective.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Show what they're made of. Is professional sport that easy. 

We're 19th, they're 6th. We were the better side and improved from the free fall we were in before all this kicked off. 

Crazy to be so angry at it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spray said:

Yeah apart from when either Konsa or Hause passed the ball straight to them at the edge of our box. If we're 2-3 into this mini-season that's a certain opposition goal.

They only had 6 shots. 2 on target.

It's a huge improvement. We should have won, against a top 6 side. Stay positive after that.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Â