Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I agree - but what a sad state football is in when you think like that - and it's not an uncommon view.

It is sad and hopefully we do get through.  A final is a final.  Its just been a while since theres been such a gulf in class with teams that are able to get to the final next to City  Look what happened to Watford in the FA Cup. 

58 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I dunno, if we lose 2 out of the next 3 league games and the cup game, I think they might pull the trigger. 

The saving grace is, we are still only 3 points off 14th and if we could get 2 or 3 positive results from the next 3 games things will be looking ok again (BIG if I know)

I’m still of the opinion that if we could get the right players in over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be fine. 

Difficulty is attracting good enough players when your in the bottom 3 and just got stuffed 6-1 at home. As I see it either owners really spend and maybe change the Manager or stick with Dean, accept likely relegation and continue club rebuild with more parachute money and inevitable funds from star player sales. mmmh! I say star players perhaps I should just say Jack. Also hope Nyland keeps his spot, not one goal today down to him 

2 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

We play 5 at the back (it isn’t a wing back system) and 2 holding midfielders. That’s effectively 7 at the back, so O think the defence does get protection from the midfield. 

Fine - I don’t .

Its not about the numbers, for me, it’s about the performances.

I don’t feel our midfield performed today, I don’t think they carried any threat, or offered any protection.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Interesting - some Posters think he’s too rigid.

For me it’s less about the system and more about getting a high level of performance from those picked.

Thats not happening often enough.

I appreciate it’s tough for a newly promoted and newly built side, particularly the more hidden mental side, but above all else Deanos job is to get the most out the players.

I feel he has done so pretty well until a few weeks ago. Now the below par performances are outweighing the decent ones.

When we're good we compete and hold our own.  Not brilliant but the standard you expect.

When we're bad we're really bad! Somethings not right. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When we're good we compete and hold our own.  Not brilliant but the standard you expect.

When we're bad we're really bad! Somethings not right. 

Well it’s not uncommon for new teams to veer from one to the other. 

We need to make sure we veer back sharpish !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Difficulty is attracting good enough players when your in the bottom 3 and just got stuffed 6-1 at home. As I see it either owners really spend and maybe change the Manager or stick with Dean, accept likely relegation and continue club rebuild with more parachute money and inevitable funds from star player sales. mmmh! I say star players perhaps I should just say Jack. Also hope Nyland keeps his spot, not one goal today down to him 

I fear they are taking the latter option. Pittach should be out of the door pretty quickly as well.

My overall fear is not relegation - but that following relegation the owners lose interest.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Fine - I don’t .

Its not about the numbers, for me, it’s about the performances.

I don’t feel our midfield performed today, I don’t think they carried any threat, or offered any protection.

I agree with that. Thought our MF was completely porous. 

54 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What I would like to ask is, if Terry is the defensive coach, together with having Smith and O'Kelly who also played defence, how can we so bad defensively? We are atrocious! We gifted goals today for the umpteenth time this season. 

Is it time to bring in some new backroom staff maybe? 

I agree with you, our inexperienced back line should not be encouraged to play out in our predicament, get tight, be stong and put you foot through it. Aaarggh the old ways are the best

1 minute ago, SuffolkVillan said:

I agree with you, our inexperienced back line should not be encouraged to play out in our predicament, get tight, be stong and put you foot through it. Aaarggh the old ways are the best

I was saying this earlier when watching the Bournemouth game.  They gave away goals by trying to play it out from the back.  When will these teams realise they are not good enough to play this way?  When they get relegated I suspect. 

Most damning statistic for me was the fact that we only committed 2 fouls in the first half. In a game where you have barely touched the ball, conceded 4 goals at home, been humiliated you only concede 2 fouls . I think City committed 5!

We are passive. We do not harass or press. We are so bad both in and out of possession. Some of that blame has to go to the coaches. Sort it out Dean.

Just now, M_Afro said:

Most damning statistic for me was the fact that we only committed 2 fouls in the first half. In a game where you have barely touched the ball, conceded 4 goals at home, been humiliated you only concede 2 fouls . I think City committed 5!

We are passive. We do not harass or press. We are so bad both in and out of possession. Some of that blame has to go to the coaches. Sort it out Dean.

Nakamba and Luiz did this brilliantly on Wednesday.  Yes they kept losing the ball when won it back but they didn't give the Leicester players a second to breath.  Today the midfield was non existent. 

He has done nothing with this team in 6 months, still swapping and changing systems, what makes us think he is gonna do anything with the January signings. Some are still saying he needs time, when does this actually run out, when we are back in the Championship maybe.

I'm not one of those who thought we had turned a corner with the Burnley win, I still stick with the fact he hasn't the qualities or talent to be a manager in the PL.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We just need to bounce back.  Watford lost 8-0 to City  and Southampton lost 9-0 to Leicestor and both are above us now.  The way we play in the next game will show the character of the team.

Watford changed manager

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Not to bang on about this, but these players are just not good enough. That is our predicament, not Smith. 

No they warranted results earlier this year but he managed some of them games potently he needs to go now. 

Â