Dean Smith

Demitri_C

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No chap, the players aren't the best, but it's on Smith. We have regressed since the start of the season.

Outside of that core of Heaton, Mings, Grealish and McG (and maybe Guilbert) none of those other players are PL standard. We even have players, such as Neil Taylor, that are arguably League One standard. 

I get what you’re saying, but I just don’t know who could get more from those players. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Championship manager for me system change makes no difference lacks tactically awareness same mistakes weekly now not all his fault tho.The team looks deflated and flat.

He literally changed the system one prem game ago which got a result against Burnley who were at home and we drew at Leicester? 

Let's not over react too much over playing the best team in the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Outside of that core of Heaton, Mings, Grealish and McG (and maybe Guilbert) none of those other players are PL standard. We even have players, such as Neil Taylor, that are arguably League One standard. 

I get what you’re saying, but I just don’t know who could get more from those players. 

I dunno, I think with all players fit it's a team that's capable of staying up, what I do think is the team isnt doing the basics and its leading to losses and goals conceded that hard work and pressing etc would at least reduce.

4 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

He literally changed the system one prem game ago which got a result against Burnley who were at home and we drew at Leicester? 

Let's not over react too much over playing the best team in the league.

Not overreact same weekly mistakes happening.We weren't convincing both those games either.

Edited by ozvilla28

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

Not overreact same weekly mistakes happening.We weren't convincing any both those games either.

I blame the players. Can Smith prevent Hause passing the ball directly to the opposition?

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Taylor is our only fit left back ffs and not first choice.  Hourihane has probably won us more points this season than anyone else too and doesn't play week in, week out either.  For once I agree with Souness, you can't really base too much on today's match against City.  Dean has changed things up recently with the change of formation which before today has worked pretty well.

We have Hause to play LB as well as u23 lb.  Taylor is barely League 1 standard and anything we have is an improvement 

26 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He needs to drum into the players that they are playing for the supporters and we expect as a bare minimum 110% effort, that clearly wasn't the case today and if they can't comprehend that requirement then they need to be moved on asap. 

That's the thing that i'm annoyed with today, Man City are a top team and can do what they've done today to anyone on their day but it's the lack off fight and effort today that i find unforgivable 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I just don't understand what our style of play is supposed to be. We were promised a team that would attack opposition (regardless of who they are), and (to quote Bruce) "give it a go".  We play far too defensively, which is unfortunate as we cannot defend.  I think everyone accepted that this season would be tough, but I think people would be more forgiving if we were playing well with a positive identity (like Smith's Brentford team).  I honestly don't know what Smith is trying to do.

We tried to park the bus today. It didn’t work

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AV82 said:

This. It’s frustrating to see. Why aren’t we seeing improvements on the pitch? Is it on the players?

I've often thought changing managers won't do anything. Some of the players are just pure shite 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Understandably suffering from a confidence crisis. He is fumbling in the dark currently.

Would not say he's out of his dept but he is still learning and very inexperienced compared to most other managers in the league. And it shows.

The main issue thou is that the squad is simply not good enough. Money and opportunity has been wasted.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Disappointing that we didnt make a change until we were 5 nil down. Unbelievably city made the first change of the afternoon when their work was done. I know we dont have options but you simply cant bury your head in the sand, you have to try something different

I was thinking this - even at 2-0, throw on a wildcard like Vassilev, see what happens. (Though would understand in that case if Smith was thinking what would be right for him mentally in terms of his confidence and development).

30 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

As much as I love the bloke and can't thank him enough for what he did for us last season... Its starting to get a bit desperate isn't it?

Can't help but think he is a bit out of his depth...

No manager in the world will stop the majority of our squad panicking under pressure vs a team like City in a mood like today

We get battered fh . 2h starts and there is no changes , they score a 5th ..on comes a sub ..

Not for first time he has just sat and done nowt.Also the post match interview comments of , oh we talked about this , the players didnt stick to the plan ,obviously the players have to be accountable but if they are constantly not listening then their is an issue at the top.

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

We get battered fh . 2h starts and there is no changes , they score a 5th ..on comes a sub ..

Not for first time he has just SAT and done nowt.Also the post match interview comments of , oh we talked about this , the players didnt stick to the plan ,obviously the players have to be accountable but if they are constantly not listening then their is an issue at the top.

What a load of rubbish - he stood throughout the the entire game

Â