Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Preston

limpid

Match Polls  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/18 at 14:00

I don't know what made me tear my hair out the most...

1. The utter capitulation in the second half

2. The state of the wall for their equaliser!!!???  Pub goalkeepers would have organised it better!

3. Hutton's inability to pass a ball with any more power that a kitten's fart

4. Grealish being a shadow of his former self

5. GLENN ****ING WHELAN DEMANDING TO TAKE A LAST MINUTE PENALTY

6. Not one of the vastly more technically superior players having the balls to grab the ball off him.

AARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 minutes ago, MackHaakon said:

Ok so Bruce is in charge and must take the responsibility here.

But the period of sustained shitness on our part just before their penalty is on the players. Not mentally up for it. Lame, toothless and no grit. Bruce does the team talk, but the guys on the pitch are not 5 years old and need to put their game face on. J*sus what a limp second half.

It’s absolutely and utterly Bruce’s fault - the players mentality is a direct result of the managers actions - if the manager has a scared, safety first (second and third) approach then that will filter down to the players

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

No post match interview?

What's more important is there is no option to vote for the cabbage in the man of the match poll. Limpid out!

Edited by villa89
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What a totally crazy game.

With Chester now presumably suspended, defensive nightmare we feared would happen inevitably has - and this has to be on Bruce's head. And yet again we just totally failed to turn up in the second half - so frustrating. Two years of this nonsense I've had to put up with, and the odd accidental 4-goal win against a Wolves or a Bristol City or whatever has never fooled me into thinking things are going well. I have wanted him gone since he arrived and I still do.

One thing though - it was a bizarrely entertaining game in the end.

• Like 1

Looked close to tears in post match interview.

Blamed the sending off for turning it into a horrible evening. I think the fans singing we want Bruce our really got to him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim said:

Looked close to tears in post match interview.

Blamed the sending off for turning it into a horrible evening. I think the fans singing we want Bruce our really got to him. 

Oh dear.  We don't want him to cry.  We don't want him to be verbally battered by fans, attacked on social media, criticised in the media.  We just want him to go, quickly,  quietly, with whatever dignity can be salvaged.  Just go.

Not sure how many made the journey down, but I would not fancy the trip back to Preston tonight for their fans or any north west villa fans given the closure of the M6 from j16 to j19 tonight.  Fair play to them

Â