Match Thread: Bristol City v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Hopefully we get our shit together second half and go on to win.

We won't though. We will just do what we always do.

Wait until the 70th minute or until we concede until we make an attacking change.

Meanwhile we will hoof it about, head it back to the opposition, bring every man back for set pieces, invite pressure, concede chances, get edgey, give the ball away at will.

Once again, we’re playing terrible football against a very, very mediocre team we should be all over. We’re desperately lucky to go in level, now we need to step up and make sure we win this one. 

I have absolutely no confidence we’ll actually do that. 

My fear now is that Bruce will get cautious and worried about protecting the draw, which I guess could be enough to delay his inevitable departure. 

• Like 2

I’m sorry but as much as I want Bruce out I can’t be disappointed when Villa score.

For all we know the owners have no thoughts of sacking him so we could be facing this turgid shit for ages.  If that is the case, then we may as well carrying on cheering them on surely.  

Look even if we draw or win it's clear we are shite. Okay, the management can see the same shit as you. 

The problem with Bruce for sure comes down to find a suitable replacement first that will take on the project long term and his compensation. Sacking him with no one to replace him would be useless. 

• Like 1

We look disjointed and equally importantly we look half arsed. Grealish on the right, Tuanzebe at right back, Kodjia on the left, Jedinak at centreback and Hutton at left back - that's five players that started out of position. I think Bruce has lost faith in his own mind, he's tied up in knots - this wasn't a team laid out by someone with any confidence, it's like a desperate attempt to prove some sort of strange point about attacking or tactics or being modern or something - we're a mess.

According to WM we look disinterested, the back four don't shout at each other when things go wrong, the strikers are playing on their own, there's no energy. We are a team in the endgame of a manager and it shows.

Thankfully there are always set pieces and individualism and we might still win this game despite playing against an organised Bristol City side and our own manager.

I always want us to win but I'd rather lose this than draw it. One point is nothing if it tips a scale...

Really, really poor from us again. I hardly react to goals for or against these days. For, you just know it is kind of irrelevant, against is just normal day...