Christian Purslow

villan-scott

On 07/11/2022 at 18:59, Zatman said:

Why would Suso randomly mention Gerrard and then we hired him a year later. Its not a coincidence or Suso is Nostradamus

Yes but Nostradamus lost all credibility for me after the 31/12/99 damp squid. He’d live on the build up to that for years. 

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

Given how prominent he was before Gerrard was sacked and how quiet he is now, I'm a little worried NSWE have him locked in a dungeon somewhere.

Has anyone seen Purslow lately? Wherefore art though, Christian? 

Dungeon or no dungeon he’s certainly gone quiet. We announce the most decorated manager in our history and he’s nowhere in sight. He’s not generally far away from a camera. 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Dungeon or no dungeon he’s certainly gone quiet. We announce the most decorated manager in our history and he’s nowhere in sight. He’s not generally far away from a camera. 

Wouldn't you be if the owner sent a message to everyone that he doesn't trust Purslow to do part of his job (I. E recruit a new manager) and had to step into get it right. Also I think emery has been given the keys to the club, which further undermines Purslow's position. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but Nostradamus lost all credibility for me after the 31/12/99 damp squid. He’d live on the build up to that for years. 

Blog 5: Bit of a damp squid! | Izzie Kirkpatrick

To be fair, I'm fairly sure most squid are indeed, damp. 

I'm a dickhead sorry. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Wouldn't you be if the owner sent a message to everyone that he doesn't trust Purslow to do part of his job (I. E recruit a new manager) and had to step into get it right. Also I think emery has been given the keys to the club, which further undermines Purslow's position. 

Oh I agree that his position doesn’t look overly secure right now. The owner correctly and understandably took control of the manager situation. Him and his business partner have sunk a huge amount of money into the club and there’s a good argument to say that they are a little short an a decent return. In football terms at least. 

Recent stories are that Pochettino was another front runner for the manager’s job but although very tempted ultimately didn’t take the job. Few of us, if any are anything but delighted that we appointed Unai. The jump up in quality of manager is huge and so if Purslow feels undermined by his boss, because he had to do his job for him, then so what? If Purslow is further undermined by an elite manager making football decisions then that’s part of the problem in the first place. 

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

673341e0-6ba7-46cb-9384-7d408abeb7bf_tex

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well he introduced Emery at the press conference....what more is he supposed to do?

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Blog 5: Bit of a damp squid! | Izzie Kirkpatrick

To be fair, I'm fairly sure most squid are indeed, damp. 

I'm a dickhead sorry. 

I’m going for the auto spell defence. 😋I hope this doesn’t start a tsunami of fish puns, on a scale not previously seen. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well he introduced Emery at the press conference....what more is he supposed to do?

Well normally he’d do some sort of YouTube. Then organise an interview with a celebrity pundit for the new manager. Perhaps that’s only for his pals. To be honest I thought he looked strange during that press conference and could barely look at Unai. Perhaps looking people in the eye was so last regime. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2023 at 18:42, DaveAV1 said:

I’m going for the auto spell defence. 😋I hope this doesn’t start a tsunami of fish puns, on a scale not previously seen. 

On this site that would be a mighty impressive feat. 

• Haha 1

Back in the day I never even used to know who Villa’s CEO’s were. Nor did I care.  It’s a non footballing role and should stay that way in my opinion. He got way too involved with the Gerrard fiasco. He now seems to be just quietly sticking to CEO work. Whatever that may be.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Happy for him to move on whenever. Done the bare minimum.

With your in depth insight into what he does, please can you explain what he has been doing, how this compares to other football club chief executives, and how he could do more? 

I don't want to compromise your identity but I assume with your knowledge of this you must work at the club in some capacity? 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Back in the day I never even used to know who Villa’s CEO’s were. Nor did I care.  It’s a non footballing role and should stay that way in my opinion. He got way too involved with the Gerrard fiasco. He now seems to be just quietly sticking to CEO work. Whatever that may be.

I agree but back in the day Steve Stride used to run the club, albeit at Doug’s behest. It was Lerner’s first big mistake to not keep him on and allow MON to play Cloughie. 

• Like 1

Â