Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not saying Smith was a failure, but it’s one out of four.

I cant comment in suso or lange as none of us know who appointed them.

With managers purs is involved we all know that. So two managers 50% success rate which isnt bad 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant comment in suso or lange as none of us know who appointed them.

With managers purs is involved we all know that. So two managers 50% success rate which isnt bad 

You don’t think the chief exec is involved when a sporting director is appointed? Purslow runs the club. Maybe a janitor could be hired without Purslow being involved, but not a sporting director.

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

You don’t think the chief exec is involved when a sporting director is appointed? Purslow runs the club. Maybe a janitor could be hired without Purslow being involved, but not a sporting director.

Im saying you don't know how heavily involved sawiris and edens were involved either

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if he goes. 

With our owners and ambitions, hiring the right CEO shouldn't be an issue. 

Yeah and then one bad managerial appointment comes in then our fans want him sacked again.

Ridiculous. Its like our fans want our club to be under continuous turmoil

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think Purslow is doing fine. He’s certainly got enough goodwill in the bank to continue after one bad managerial appointment.

Yet he thought Dean Smith should be dismissed without such benefit of the doubt. Would not miss.

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yet he thought Dean Smith should be dismissed without such benefit of the doubt. Would not miss.

Dean Smith definitely needed to go. I’d be calling for Purslow’s head if he’d let the club continue to go downwards under Smith.

Appointing Gerrard was a mistake, but keeping Smith would have been just as bad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think Purslow is doing fine. He’s certainly got enough goodwill in the bank to continue after one bad managerial appointment.

Hopefully the next one pays off and we’ll be back on the up again.

He's certainly not doing fine when we are one of the top 20 spenders in Europe.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

It's not clear. It's not remotely clear. You are basing this on what information is circulating in public.

It astounds me how people base everything they believe on what is public, taking zero consideration that things might be happening in private.

A bit too optimist IMO, given the noise coming out this morning, and the circumstances surrounding the sacking of Gerrard and his entire team late last night.

The signs were there when Grealish wanted to go to City but most of us couldn't bear to accept it all summer, and the signs are here now that we're in a desperate scramble to get a manager having our top picks turn us down.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's certainly not doing fine when we are one of the top 20 spenders in Europe.

Yes, but I blame that on the manager rather than the CEO.

I know half the people on VT want to fire Purslow, change the owners, burn down the stadium and salt the earth because Gerrard played bad football and got mediocre results for about half a season, but some perspective is required.

I mean, if our next manager is great then will all the haters be saying Purslow is perfect at his job and has never done anything wrong?

Edited by Panto_Villan

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So Poch has rejected us. We have nobody lined up. We've approached people that will never sign for us in a million years.

The writing has been on the wall since day 1 of the season.

Purslow has **** it.

the-daytripper-texas.gif

16 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

A bit too optimist IMO, given the noise coming out this morning, and the circumstances surrounding the sacking of Gerrard and his entire team late last night.

The signs were there when Grealish wanted to go to City but most of us couldn't bear to accept it all summer, and the signs are here now that we're in a desperate scramble to get a manager having our top picks turn us down.

Again, there are zero signs. You're basing it on what journalists and "in the knows" are saying. We sacked Gerrard less than 24hrs ago, what did we expect to have happened in that time?

I'm not being optimistic or glaring through claret tinted lenses, I'm being realistic in that we know nothing. For all we do know, members of the board are in Lisbon right now agreeing compensation for one of the most highly rated young coaches in Europe. Its as likely as the pessimistic view that it's chaos and we're completely ****.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This is just complete bullshit though, isn't it?

Excuse me. He said it came from a podcaster. How can that possibly be bullshit? 

That's only one step away from saying that people make stuff up on twitter. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Dean Smith definitely needed to go. I’d be calling for Purslow’s head if he’d let the club continue to go downwards under Smith.

Appointing Gerrard was a mistake, but keeping Smith would have been just as bad.

Smith wouldn't have took us as low as we are now but he did need to go so we could get to the next level.

Purslows timing was out and its out with Gerrard as well, both should have gone earlier, at a time we could have attracted a higher profile manager.

We struggled last season and ended up Gerrard and the sames going to happen now, we will end up with a compromise.

Purslow has failed on the football front ,unless we can attract Poch but I doubt it looking at where we are now.

What's left for him to do, if he can't get a top class manager or hasn't got one lined up then he's failed at his main job, he should go  

Â