Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Purslow has done a very good job at this football club behind the scenes.

Only mistake he made was hiring SG..

He is part of the many exciting projects that are happening at Villa i.e stadium expansion, inner city academy, reshaping our youth academy ect..

Purslow has been our best CEO in recent memory!

• Like 2

Nobody is doubting his business and commercial ability that has been clear at Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

Where he has failed is when left with football decisions and not commercial ones, at Liverpool. They took a while to correct his decisions made there on the football side. That's my worry at Villa. He's stuck his neck out for Gerrard. How long will he stick with him?

20 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He is part of the many exciting projects that are happening at Villa i.e stadium expansion, inner city academy, reshaping our youth academy ect..

Done nothing anyone with half a brain would do, given the funding Villa now have.

His butting into football needs to stop.

• Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Rubbish

What has he done that isn't basic common sense given hundreds of millions in funding?

He's gone over Lange to do things like hire the manager because he's his mate, and changed the transfer policy on a whim. It has put us into a relegation battle. God knows what could happen if we go down.

He's probably at a two or three out of 10 when it comes to performance.

54 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Lets see how he handles this moment before lauding him too much. He did the right thing letting Bruce and Smith go when he did but lets see how he gets on when his boy is up for the tick tack. How he deals with this and the replacement will tell us everything about this regime. Either they're truly serious about European claims or it's all pie in the sky.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

His biggest mistake is not firing him.

And this mistake is getting bigger by the day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Done nothing anyone with half a brain would do, given the funding Villa now have.

His butting into football needs to stop.

Then why haven't they just hired someone with half a brain at a fraction of the price?

Mate you sound ridiculous.

Guaranteed you have know clue what he actually does or has done.

We are essentially random blokes on a message board moaning about a Football Club, and claiming a highly successful and Intelligent business man / CEO hasn't done / achieved anything, anyone with " half a brain " wouldn't 🤦🏿‍♂️

Emotions and bitterness override logic in abundance on this forum at times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then why haven't they just hired someone with half a brain at a fraction of the price?

This is the question I'm asking about the manager as well funnily enough.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

What has he done that isn't basic common sense given hundreds of millions in funding?

He's gone over Lange to do things like hire the manager because he's his mate, and changed the transfer policy on a whim. It has put us into a relegation battle. God knows what could happen if we go down.

Can you answer?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No I can't, and neither can you, unless you are in board meetings or know the detailed full inner workings at the club.

Everything major the club has done since he was appointed goes through him.

The results of the magical inner workings are on full display.

I'll rate him two or three thanks. Rate him however you see fit.

I generally respect what you post, but I think this is just a case of emotions running high with the current situation. Because that’s simply not true.

• Thanks 1

This is the question I'm asking about the manager as well funnily enough.

Can you answer?

It's an unanswerable question. and the premise of the question is just... broken at best. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The biggest part of his job is our top line income.

During the time he's been here, that's gone like this:

• 2018-19* - £54.3m
  • 2019-20 - £112.6m
  • 2020-21 - £183.6m

(*He joined part way through 2018/19 and we were in the Championship.)

It'll be interesting to see if that progress has continued when we get the next set of accounts, but he can certainly point to those numbers as evidence that he's doing a decent job.

Yes and no. 

We should strip out the turnover which is due to increases in the fixed elements of the TV deals as Purslow can’t impact that.

Then see if he has improved the rest of the turnover that he can affect.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yes and no. 

We should strip out the turnover which is due to increases in the fixed elements of the TV deals as Purslow can’t impact that.

Then see if he has improved the rest of the turnover that he can affect.yne 

Maybe we can then also strip out Purslow and NSWE and see if we would have been promoted or exist still. Lol

I'd say Purslow had an impact on us getting promoted in the first place.

He's also the one who sacked Bruce and hired Dean Smith.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe we can then also strip out Purslow and NSWE and see if we would have been promoted or exist still. Lol

I'd say Purslow had an impact on us getting promoted in the first place.

He's also the one who sacked Bruce and hired Dean Smith.

Yes that’s all true, but I was only responding to the point about ‘top line income’.  

Of course he’s done lots of other good things in role as well.

• Like 1

Â