Christian Purslow

villan-scott

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He also appointed Dean Smith for Villa.

I get the sentiment, but this circular sentiment i don't get.

Dean Smith was a low risk appointment.

It's completely different.

He has now directly set us back at least 2 years heading for a relegation battle if things doesn't drastically change. An increasingly aging squad and big wages.

The economic consequences if this goes wrong will be ginormous. 

Edited by Pinebro

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Dean Smith was a low risk appointment.

It's completely different.

He has now directly set us back at least 2 years heading for a relegation battle if things doesn't drastically change.

The economic consequences if this goes wrong will be ginormous. 

Yep, factor in the new stand build as well as the decimation of the squad, it's unthinkable. I think the decision will be out of his hands sooner rather than later.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Yep, factor in the new stand build as well as the decimation of the squad, it's unthinkable. I think the decision will be out of his hands sooner rather than later.

My main point has always been Purslow should be nowhere near footballing decisions and that is on the owners I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Genuinely believe he won't sack him yet as he'd be too afraid of upsetting his mate because he hadn't given him enough time. 

Urghh this was clear red flag from the start. 

Yep - a gamble. Purslow will act, if he doesn't then he will be acted upon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Good owners need to make big calls at the right time, it isn't all about expanding the ground to 50k or giving manager 100m to spend each window.

Hopefully Wes and Nas won't let us down.

I think Purslow will feel deep down he's made a massive error given he's been a top executive in the game for many years so will know this isn't going to work.

Just got to make the decision that gives us the best opportunity to get in top class coach as replacement so timing is also important.

Not so sure about the top executive bit , hard to find a Liverpool or Chelsea fan who doesn’t detest him 

Just now, Eastie said:

Not so sure about the top executive bit , hard to find a Liverpool or Chelsea fan who doesn’t detest him 

He at least has good experienced dealing with top players and managers so in completely different league to marketing guys like Faulkner and Tom Fox.

He made a bad judgement call thinking Gerrard could quickly develop into top prem manager. End it now and move on with the next guy.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He at least has good experienced dealing with top players and managers so in completely different league to marketing guys like Faulkner and Tom Fox.

He made a bad judgement call thinking Gerrard could quickly develop into top prem manager. End it now and move on with the next guy.

Easy to make the wrong hire but its even easier to fire them. If he doesn't soon then it's a bigger concern. 

6 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I get the feeling that is quite a bit away from being sacked. Could be wrong.

Purslow will protect his mate if the owners come calling.

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Purslow oversaw some of the worst times in Liverpool history with his appointments. That's all forgotten by most villa fans because of his slick car salesman patter presenting a new stadium. All well and good that is, until the crowds dwindle due to your management decisions and the nice fancy new stand is left half empty.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Purslow oversaw some of the worst times in Liverpool history with his appointments. That's all forgotten by most villa fans because of his slick car salesman patter presenting a new stadium. All well and good that is, until the crowds dwindle due to your management decisions and the nice fancy new stand is left half empty.

All I really care about is what he has done here and it's been largely positive bar this clusterfudge.  If it's true that Wes and Nassef were at the game, I hope it's for a particular reason and there will be some action in very quick order.

• Like 1

Â