Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

As much as we can't get carried away thinking he is going to transform into Ronaldo, but we've all seen his ability and the attributes he has that can make him a very good player on his day. Yes he is a confidence player, and it is clear his confidence had been shot to pieces for a while now, but even from last week you could see Jack was really trying to get him amped up after scoring. Great to see the players giving him a boost on social media too, you can't help but love this squad, genuinely all in it together and will back each other up when it is needed. 

Stick behind him, he has always said he likes being here and although he is hot and cold on the pitch I can't say he doesn't give his all for the team. The man broke his fast so that he could play for us. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We have someone off the bench. I mean I don't think you can drop him until he does something wrong and I think CAM should be Jack's position anyway. 

Agree with this 100% - barkley has to win his place back now, no one has done anything to justify being dropped, which is brilliant for us

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Hes gaining in confidence. Hard to leave him out. What do we do when Barkley is back? 

Yeah, no. El Ghazi having his first good match in months doesn't justify keeping Barkley out of the squad.

El Ghazi had a great game today, but man was on a shoot on sight policy today and the majority of his shots wer shit. It could easily have ended up like the Burnley match if he were a bit more unlucky.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

As much as we can't get carried away thinking he is going to transform into Ronaldo, but we've all seen his ability and the attributes he has that can make him a very good player on his day. Yes he is a confidence player, and it is clear his confidence had been shot to pieces for a while now, but even from last week you could see Jack was really trying to get him amped up after scoring. Great to see the players giving him a boost on social media too, you can't help but love this squad, genuinely all in it together and will back each other up when it is needed. 

Stick behind him, he has always said he likes being here and although he is hot and cold on the pitch I can't say he doesn't give his all for the team. The man broke his fast so that he could play for us. 

The breaking your fast thing depends on how religious you are. Its not as big a deal for every Muslim. I'm speaking as a Muslim myself.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Hes gaining in confidence. Hard to leave him out. What do we do when Barkley is back? 

His problem is confidence and it’s why I hated how our fans reacted. When confident he is a premier league player.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

The breaking your fast thing depends on how religious you are. Its not as big a deal for every Muslim. I'm speaking as a Muslim myself.

Well yes agreed but it was a big enough deal for him he was fasting while playing games until he decided it was affecting his performance. So clearly a relatively big deal for him.

Re his fasting - if one travels more than 53.5 miles then that person can miss the fast and make it up at a later date.

He blows hot and cold so we should get as much out of him as we can when he's got and during his cold days he's a decent option for our 9 man bench.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, no. El Ghazi having his first good match in months doesn't justify keeping Barkley out of the squad.

El Ghazi had a great game today, but man was on a shoot on sight policy today and the majority of his shots wer shit. It could easily have ended up like the Burnley match if he were a bit more unlucky.

So are Barkley's

Â