John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Looked class in the first half today. (couldn't focus on the second half so no comment.)

Heard him saying Jhon can be a nightmare to have on your team in the post match interview, wonder if that was slightly too honest of him? 😆

Thought he had some great moments tonight but also think he's absolutely run out of juice now, a few moments where he looked a bit leggy, altho to be expected I guess. 

As usual… when Super John McGinn shows up… the whole team does… 

our energy, our heartbeat…

Turned into a great captain this season… and an even better player. Thanks Unai.

An absolute hero, he could barely breath after getting elbowed and probably took something at half time for the pain and came out second half and gave everything. Massive respect 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

An absolute hero, he could barely breath after getting elbowed and probably took something at half time for the pain and came out second half and gave everything. Massive respect 

From day one… he’s given his all for this club 👏

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I know we've had some characters in our time, but SJM comes across as THE player you want in the squad with you. Everything about him as a player and a personality just oozes class. 

• Like 4

Just spotted Mcginn role in our first goal as well and it's brilliant. Runs into the box, bangs into Mcallister, ends up on the floor where he manages to trip over the two covering Liverpool defenders. Pure class. 

Posted (edited)

A doff of the cap to Super John McGinn.

Our longest serving player who's been with us on an incredible journey. From Steve Bruce to the penalties at Albion to Champions **** League.

An Aston Villa legend.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

I’m sure we all questioned it at the time , but maybe the one thing Gerrard did get right for this club was make SJM captain 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m sure we all questioned it at the time , but maybe the one thing Gerrard did get right for this club was make SJM captain 

Yeah I've said it previously too.

He obviously saw the characteristics in him for the role, and now everyone else is too.

Â