John McGinn

PompeyVillan

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Agreed but it's not consistent on those. 

I think it was just SJM going in with sooooooo much force. He just steamed into Udogie whereas most players just pull back or tap a leg in that situation so it's a boderline red but more obvious yellow.

Plenty of players get a red for aggressive force in the tackle and I'm afraid McGinn just lost it there. He had to go and deep down he knows it and hopefully he'll give us some fantastic performances for the final 8 or so league games.

• Like 1

Not even angry with him - Showed more energy and desire than the rest of them. (Perhaps a little too much in the end) the irony of Konsa telling him he’s lost his head aswell… 😂 

• Like 2

He showed a lot of fight especially after Spurs scored, unfortunately his frustrations with how things went ended up with him getting sent off. I just wished the rest of the team played with his fight in this game.

7 minutes ago, Amed said:

Seen way worse challenges where only yellow given - wasn’t even off his feet. Stupid but 3 game ban for that is harsh. 

Doesn't need to be, I don't think he's been done for a professional foul or no control or however they write it up, I think he's been done for violent conduct, which it is 

And there is no consistency to it, I thought maguire should have been done for the same vs Fulham a few weeks back, but that's no excuse 

Edited by villa4europe

Didn't think it was a red in the ground really but yeah looking now it's completely reckless and he's lost his head. Rightly pointed out in a comment if that's against us we're going mental so fair enough. 

Let himself down massively. The entire team has to be fair. 

Talked about this being the biggest game in recent club history in the run up to the game and then goes and do something like that. Bet he feels absolutely disgusted with himself.

Learn from it, move on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Amed said:

Seen way worse challenges where only yellow given - wasn’t even off his feet. Stupid but 3 game ban for that is harsh. 

Screenshot-825.png

Do that to the average bloke in the street and you'd be calling an ambulance. He's t-boned him both going full speed in different directions. 

Lucky he didn't do damage otherwise we'd be waiting to see if it was only 3 games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Screenshot-825.png

Do that to the average bloke in the street and you'd be calling an ambulance. He's t-boned him both going full speed in different directions. 

Lucky he didn't do damage otherwise we'd be waiting to see if it was only 3 games

Said in the match thread it's a lower Sunday league tackle you'd expect from a hungover fat guy 

It's a dirty put one on him tackle 

• Like 2

It should have been a yellow. It was a tactical foul. Even the match commentator was surprised when the red card came out.

The player wasn't hurt, there was no intent to cause harm. Watch it back....

A harsh call from the ref.

Can't complain on the red, fully deserved unexpected better from him. He probably have done the right thing and apologised to his team already knowing him. 

But yes, this could well be a yellow only for certain teams "cough, manure" . But we are not them.

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

It should have been a yellow. It was a tactical foul. Even the match commentator was surprised when the red card came out.

The player wasn't hurt, there was no intent to cause harm. Watch it back....

A harsh call from the ref.

Id seriously question that 

He's booted through a bloke at full speed, how would that not cause harm? 

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Screenshot-825.png

Calm down.... It was a trip. Anyone would think reading the comments on here that we'd just witnessed Roy Keane on Harrland

• Thanks 1

Â