John McGinn

PompeyVillan

18 hours ago, Viloon said:

If Mcginn was playing Friday night, we'd have drawn/lost. His lack of tracking back and just letting runners go past him, while pointing at everyone else to track them has cost us so many times in the past. As everyone said, we'd have not won that normally and I think that's because, partly, Mcginn wasn't on the pitch.

He disappears when we are under pressure.

Couldn’t disagree more. He was excellent at doing what you’ve just said he doesn’t do, against Brighton. I’d also argue we haven’t played well since McGinn has been injured. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Viloon said:

If Mcginn was playing Friday night, we'd have drawn/lost. His lack of tracking back and just letting runners go past him, while pointing at everyone else to track them has cost us so many times in the past. As everyone said, we'd have not won that normally and I think that's because, partly, Mcginn wasn't on the pitch.

He disappears when we are under pressure.

I disagree about the Leeds game. I would say JJ was probably the worst player on the pitch on Friday (not having a go, he was returning from injury lay off and didn't look ready) Nothing stuck, his passing was very poor and the game completely passed him by. I think McGinn would have suited the game much better and we missed him as a result 

• Like 1

He'd have been really useful against Leeds I think, especially after Watkins went off injured.

Really lacked an outlet of  someone able to receive the ball with the back against goal and holding it up for a little bit.

22 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes posted about it Friday, spoke about being out of form under the previous manager and felt guilty about it. Then went into a some detail about how important positional play is under Emery, praised The Luiz And Kamara partnership and joked about players not understanding his accent. Seems like a top bloke came across well,  likeable and a good professional. It doesn’t shock me that every manager to date has taken to him.

Trying to find that interview but can't seem to.

• 2 weeks later...

McGinn deserves another chance, such a likeable guy. His energy, infectiousness is high-level, just needs to tweak his technical ability and be smarter with the ball.

Hopefully working under Professor Emery adds this extra quality to his game.

• 2 weeks later...
Â