FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

got FIFA 19 at the weekend as tescos are selling it for a tenner...actually quite like this FUT mode. though i wish there was a bit more grind to it. seemed with all these loan players you get at the start it's just too easy. i have the likes of cruyff, neymar, gotze, etc straight away and obviously rinse all the teams i play. not quite sure of the squad building stuff either. does it actually impact the team when you play a match?

Im so shit at this game when I play alone. I used to be somewhat good. However I struggle to adapt. If I play with a friend we're able to stay up and win the 2v2 league(we're equally good when up against each other) . But when I play alone it goes to shit. 

Still struggle with players being blocked, tripped, pushed, tackled, ran over without it being a faul. Which ruins the final perfect pass or a shot at a good angle. Infuriating. 

Hate this over the top pressing. Even though my opponent is completely out of stamina! It doesnt affect the game much, not until the last 5 mins. I mean, I get closed down by 3-4 men at full sprint for 90 mins. 

However what makes me boil over is that, my players run towards me as well. Instead of just one of them dropping into the space that's left behind from the pressing opposition. Or one player dropping back a few meters given me a safe and good angle for a backward pass: nope run in behind the presser and towards me. Change tactics you say? All right then, my whole team sprint away trying to best the offside trap. 

Or when my striker/forward runs into the space that's being occupied by a team mate. Instead of moving in the opposite direction. Which would leave either of them free in front of goal. 

The AI movement just seems so **** dumb in this tactics Tim version of FIFA. And I'm yet to find a way to work around. I've tried all tactics as suggested. 

I think my biggest fault is that I'm insisting on playing in a way that doesn't work, for me anyway. I refuse to go the direct route. I want quick short, forward moving, pass and run style. With some recycling and tempo changes. 

And yes I've written quite a identical post a few times all ready. And yes I keep playing the game. And it gets to me every time. It feels good whining sometimes, thanks. 

On a positive note, very happy with my two new players Tots Veratti and Savanier, cracking players. 

Edited by Skruff

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a bit late in the day for it to be that great, but having never packed one before it's still better than the average.

34o7rwh.jpg

From the big African countries SBC currently there.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing manager career mode simulated results now. At least training players helping practice controls. Any cheap buys to recommend? Bought Leko from WBA and Kelly from Bristol and both straight in first team. Does chemistry matter in manager career mode?

Edited by Kiwivillan

I don't think chemistry is factored into Manager Mode, I could be wrong but if it is then it's never stated anywhere so you'd have no way of measuring it.

Rather then cheap buys, just make sure one of your transfer scouts is set to look for players of any ability, any position, aged 23-28 with 0-1 years on their contract left. Then individually scout the returned players to get their overalls up until Jan, then you can start picking them up on free transfers for the next season (you can agree free transfers beyond the Jan window too if you need).

Always have one of your transfer scouts not assigned to a country, this then allows the scout to look at players from multiple countries at the same time, useful for picking up gems from lesser leagues.

Also worth doing manual searches for anyone with a release clause every once in a while, as the AI doesn't renew/renegotiate contracts until a player is due to expire, after a few seasons you'll get the occasional starlet who's shot up to a decent rating still on their original low buyout (had this with an 81 rated player once, can't remember who but they still had a £700k buyout clause from the opening season, biggest bargain ever!).

On 20/07/2019 at 20:28, GarethRDR said:

Tweak the gameplay sliders, makes the game infinitely better vs AI.

I think that's my problem with FIFA and madden, every 3 or 4 games I find myself tweaking the sliders, never seem to find the balance I want

Playing vs the AI on FIFA is one of the least fun gaming experiences there is. It's absolutely mind numbing.

PES has absolutely screwed the pooch in recent years, but that's something it does far better than FIFA.

• Like 1

Gave in and purchased this about 2 months ago. Played with Villa in career mode and made no signings and just got promoted in 2nd.

Currently 4th after 11 games in the PL. I have had to make a few loan signings, both 1 year and 2 year. 

Current squad

GK - Kalinic, Fruchtl, Sarkic

RB - Guilbert, Elmo

CB - Tuanzebe, Mings, Konsa, Chester

LB - Zinchenko (1 yr loan), Taylor

RM - Hudson-Odoi (2 yr loan), O Watkins

LM - El Ghazi, Green

CM - Ampadu, D Luiz (1 yr loan), Grealish, McGinn, Mount (1 yr loan), Hourihane

ST - Abraham (2 yr loan), M. Sylla. McBurnie (1 yr loan), Davis

BOUGHT

Tuanzebe, Mings, Konsa, Watkins, El Ghazi, Ampadu, Sylla

SOLD

Lansbury, Kodjia, Tshibola, Gardner, Steer, Thor, Adomah, Hogan, Nyland, McCormack

LOANED 

Bree, Clark, Ramsey, O'Hare, RHM, JDH, Revan

So hard to buy the players you need when you have a budget of £30m odd. Had to go down he loan market to get some quality in. 

now free in the EA vault if you have EA access on xbox. £20 a year (you can usually get it for about £15 if you shop around) is less than the cost of the game and you get about 75 other full games too if anyone is still considering grabbing it

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 6 months later...
Â