FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Whatever you do, don't spend any coins opening packs. You'll only regret it. Spend your coins on upgrading your players, win more matches, receive more / better free packs. 

On your team, my advice as someone who (somewhat embarrassingly) has played literally thousands of matches over the years would be:

Ditch Pickford. He's too short, and given how overpowered crosses are at the moment an extra couple of inches makes a big difference. I'd look at Leno.

RB - get Walker when you have enough. Until then, that Trippier on your bench is probably as good as any.

Midfield is where I reckon you can see an easy improvement. Alli and Kovacic won't really do the job they should where they are now. I'd drop Fred back to CDM, and throw your current coins at Fabinho or Fernandinho. 

Fred and Fabinho sitting, and either move Alli up to CAM, or drop Jesus back there and stick someone like Lacazette up top. 

Then - when you get bored of it, sell the lot and try a different league. Serie A I think works the best for a starter team.

Some great advice in there.

I used to play tonnes of FUT but this year I've got about 300 games in - including the 30 game FUT Champions last weekend.  I'm Div 5 with about 1100 skill points, so I'm a pretty average player.

Haven't spent a penny on packs, but did get the Ultimate Version of the game so I got a free mega pack per week for 6 months.

Trading and playing is the best, and most rewarding, way to build a squad.  Use futbin.com to keep an eye on prices - especially right now as the Lightning Rounds during TOTS (where they sell big packs for better prices) means people are flooding the market with good cards so the prices drop.

With this you can either stack your squad and/or buy to trade.  Any 84 rated players from the top 5 leagues will be useful because there will be SBCs to earn special players and they usually require higher-rated players.  I recently had a Spanish team with Saul and Carvajal.  Sold them both for 22k each while there was an SBC and bought them back a few days later for 12k each.  Easy 20k right there.

Agreed that Serie A is a great league for starters, especially if you're playing that narrow 4231 formation as there are some phenomenal attacking mids.  I started with Serie A this season and loved the team I built.  Belotti at ST was amazing, as his positioning is unreal and he has a 5* weak foot.  Behind him I could pick from players like Mertens, Gomez, Dybala, who are all creative, fast and can score goals.  Behind them you've got Matuidi, Naingolan, Milinkovic-Savic and Allan.  All amazing options.

I've traded and played my way up to this as my primary squad that I built yesterday during the TOTS frenzy.  It will start in the 451 but with custom tactics I'll switch to the 433-5 as I want to try playing the false 9 and think Reus and Pepe will get me some good goals cutting in from wide.  Havertz looks amazing too.  Can't wait to try him out!

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 15.35.51.png

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 15.36.27.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Agreed that Serie A is a great league for starters, especially if you're playing that narrow 4231 formation as there are some phenomenal attacking mids.  I started with Serie A this season and loved the team I built.  Belotti at ST was amazing, as his positioning is unreal and he has a 5* weak foot.  Behind him I could pick from players like Mertens, Gomez, Dybala, who are all creative, fast and can score goals.  Behind them you've got Matuidi, Naingolan, Milinkovic-Savic and Allan.  All amazing options.

I nearly expanded on my earlier suggestion, but you've pretty much written word-for-word what I'd have said.

For most of my first three months, it was Mertens and IF Belotti with Hamsik, then upgraded to Dybala behind them and it was lovely.

This is me after a quick d-pad change for chemistry:

2ziu7va.png

Picked up Mbappe an hour ago. I've never used any version of him before, it was originally a WL reward red Hazard behind Socrates and Ronaldo, but whenever I moves Socrates back he always felt better. So he's got the job full-time for a bit and someone a bit more nimble can run around up top.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Picked up Mbappe an hour ago. I've never used any version of him before, it was originally a WL reward red Hazard behind Socrates and Ronaldo, but whenever I moves Socrates back he always felt better. So he's got the job full-time for a bit and someone a bit more nimble can run around up top.

I bought him on Friday for the first time, his RW version.  Hadn't even used him when I sold him this morning for a profit and replaced him with Pepe who was half the price.  Gave me the extra to upgrade Marquinhos.

I've sunk a fair few coins into SBCs, and my fitness team has got FB Casillas, FB Podolski, FB Villa, Baluta and FB Teves.  Even if I'd not done that I'd be nowhere near the value of your squad though man.  That thing's incredible!

Thought I’d try professional difficulty on squad battles. There’s a weekly challenge to get 8 assists with an Eredise player to get an 88 rated GK. Man. It’s a massive jump in difficulty from semi pro. 

Also interested in what's the best card you've been able to pack? A little while ago I managed to grab a normal Kante but I was able to sell for close to 300k.

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

Also interested in what's the best card you've been able to pack? A little while ago I managed to grab a normal Kante but I was able to sell for close to 300k.

I've only had 1 good card out of a pack, and that was the Sigurdsson special that I sold for 60k.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 01:47, Hornso said:

Haven't had much luck this season considering how many packs I've bought, got Ramos a couple of times, loads of TOTW and got the TOTS Ajax keeper Onana this morning. Best card I've ever had was Ronaldo a couple of years ago.

7167e63d41ed30459a8bbd5584ce74eb.png

Switch in game:

c3cea3aba4b54569272474ccc9df8666.pngcbdd65abefd6f117b0b7c2ed569a3bb7.png

Having fun with this, have had a Championship team throughout the year on every Ultimate Team since we've been relegated. Always good when TOTS comes around and the team becomes a bit more competitive. McGinn is the standout, I'd highly recommend everyone to give him a go even as a supersub. Incredible card.

Really wish Grealish would have got a special card of some kind though 😞

• Like 3

On 13/05/2019 at 01:46, Hornso said:

Anyone able to explain to me why I am seeing lots of CMs and CAMs, even CDMs being changed to ST?

Chemistry. So my team posted above starts with Ronaldo at CM because he links to Cancelo. But then custom tactics which you can set before the game, can move you to a new formation using the d-pad. So Ronaldo jumps straight up to ST. 

So they'll have say, Fabinho at ST to link to Felipe Anderson at LW. Then they'll have Benzema at CDM to link to Varane. Hit right on the d-pad and they'll switch position.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 1

This time around, that weird Future Stars Guendouzi - sold for 650k. 

Got both Ronaldo and Messi last year.

just this fella last year, packed him Christmas day from a pre order pack :D

463a9014f3a2608b1bc4d397bf0f3bea.png

Never sold him and as you would expect, he was absolutely ridiculous 

• Like 2

Just unpacked a TOTS 94 Ederson from a Jumbo Gold Pack (Been knocking off some of the advanced SBCs).

Listed him for 180k (250k buy it now). Hopefully get some coins so I can better improve my squad. I've got a TOTS 88 Onana in goal at the moment who I can't sell due to being untradeable, so he's working out OK at the moment. Defo gonna buy me McGinn if he sells.

• Like 3

So, SBCs. I've done all the basic ones, have 2 of the advanced ones to finish off (have the team, just need to get the loyalty on a few cards for the chemistry requirements) - Question is it worth working through the Leagues ones or shall I make a dent in the Icons (Getting 88 rated squad sounds expensive to get a player you can't even sell afterwards)

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

cW0V4h4.png

🎉:D

Very nice. Although a warning, I got his 90 from WL rewards and really didn't get on with him. He ended up in the Vieira SBC.

Got Mane from the SBC I assume your Aguero is from. Which I'm very happy with, as LM was more or less the only position I didn't have an end-game player for.

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So, SBCs. I've done all the basic ones, have 2 of the advanced ones to finish off (have the team, just need to get the loyalty on a few cards for the chemistry requirements) - Question is it worth working through the Leagues ones or shall I make a dent in the Icons (Getting 88 rated squad sounds expensive to get a player you can't even sell afterwards)

At this stage, neither really. If you've really got an SBC itch you want to scratch, do the league SBC clubs that are cheap with good packs. 

So 12k on Bilbao to get a Prime Gold Players pack is good value. So is 9k on Betis for a Rare Electrum Players pack. Others: Newcastle, Chelsea, Valencia, Dortmund.

Just don't bother then spending 60k to complete Cardiff or 80k on Huesca just to get a player you could get better than for 50k.

On icons - same as above. Someone amazing will cost you 1m+.

Right now, you could pick a pretty dodgy icon, say Bobby Moore. His SBC will cost around 400k. The same player on the market would cost around 450k and you can then sell him when you find that he's short and slow in game. TOTS Stones would be better and less than half the price. Low-end icons are great in October, a waste of money in May / June.

I would really advise sticking with your current path. Full EFL TOTS. Abraham, McGinn and Maupay is a recipe for fun times.

Edited by ml1dch

Â