FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Can we make a Pro Club and try and get some games going on that? I love playing it but the random clubs you join are shit, and I haven't won a game with one yet.

I've never played Pro Clubs.  Tell me more!

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've never played Pro Clubs.  Tell me more!

It's basically the Be A Pro format, create your player - increase stats through playing games (I'm an 84 CAM at the moment), play drop in games with randoms or join a Club and play league games (Like the FUT Friendly Seasons).

Match up with other clubs and play 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4.

The AI Movement feels terrible this year. So damned static. Drives me insane. The streamlined tactics... Possession: every single team mate  moves towards you at the same time as you're being pressed. Leaving you with no passing option in the spaces that's left behind from the pressing, except long balls.  Use fast buildup and they all go bombing forward and you have to adopt a very direct style. I'm finding it very difficult to get any sort of pass and move/possession oriented approach to work. So if anyone have some good tips for tactics I'm happy to give it a go.

I enjoy playing 2v2 instead. My friend and I are placed between league 1 and 2 with a couple of league 1 trophies. It makes it so much easier with a person making the obvious moves into the spaces the AI seems to ignore. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skruff said:

The AI Movement feels terrible this year. So damned static. Drives me insane. The streamlined tactics... Possession: every single team mate  moves towards you at the same time as you're being pressed. Leaving you with no passing option in the spaces that's left behind from the pressing, except long balls.  Use fast buildup and they all go bombing forward and you have to adopt a very direct style. I'm finding it very difficult to get any sort of pass and move/possession oriented approach to work. So if anyone have some good tips for tactics I'm happy to give it a go.

I enjoy playing 2v2 instead. My friend and I are placed between league 1 and 2 with a couple of league 1 trophies. It makes it so much easier with a person making the obvious moves into the spaces the AI seems to ignore. 

Agree with the AI movement.  Seems to be piss poor.  Everyone is so stationary.

I tend to find the best tactics are Balanced or Long Ball.  The latter gives better movement than Fast Build Up, strangely, as they seem to seek out space better.

Just played my first ever Weekend League on FUT.  Can't imagine doing that every weekend.  It was exhausting.  Managed 13 wins, which is more than I expected but 1 short of Gold 3 so that was a blow.  Got jipped in my penultimate match too - lost 5-4 and the other guy had 5 shots on target, one of which was a penalty from and AI challenge.  I had 17 shots on target from 21 shots overall and Lloris played a blinder.  Naturally the lad sent me shitty messages straight after the final whistle too.  Depressing.

It can truly be an infuriating game at times. Especially if you play alone. I guess it's the feeling of injustice that gets to you. Even though there's some matches I'm clearly being outplayed, but end up winning. So it evens out. Its just so damned annoying when it happens to you. Certain matches feels like a die has been rolled and you can't do anything  about it. 

The previous version you could affect the players behaviour a lot more. I miss that now. 

Will defnietly give balanced and long ball a go and see how it pans out over a couple of games. 

I general i enjoy FUT. Building a good team over time gives quite some satisfaction. The dynamic cards are great. But there's seems to be an inflation of highly rated players. But every campaign means more sales, so I don't think that will change. 

The idea of a VT be a pro club sounds interesting! 

Stamina is a massive issue in FUT isn’t it? I’ve regular got a slither of stamina left at the end of the first half on most players resulting in me giving up soft goals late in the game because my guys can’t run.

20 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Stamina is a massive issue in FUT isn’t it? I’ve regular got a slither of stamina left at the end of the first half on most players resulting in me giving up soft goals late in the game because my guys can’t run.

What fitness do you start with? I don't generally let my players get below 90 fitness before starting a game. It's a ball ache but fitness cards or rotation is the way forward.

I've got 2000+ silver fitness cards saved from my earlier silver pack trading which come in handy!

I really wish EA hurries up and goes bust, and that the licences go to somebody who gives a damn. The world deserves a decent football game. This aint it.

• Like 1

Well, been playing a bit the weekend and this week and I've made a few changes to my Premier League team. Spent a bit of gold, sold a fair few cards (ranging from 350 to 5000 coins) to help fund. Looking like this now (Valencia is a loan card only unfortunately). I've got 17k coins left so will be saving for a bit now I think as to improve the cards get expensive. Still, 84 overall and 100 chemistry. All good.

trrqOvU.jpg

TbnGQtr.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/05/2019 at 23:05, Nath182 said:

What fitness do you start with? I don't generally let my players get below 90 fitness before starting a game. It's a ball ache but fitness cards or rotation is the way forward.

I've got 2000+ silver fitness cards saved from my earlier silver pack trading which come in handy!

Also I changed my tactics to balanced rather than constant pressure, seems to have helped a fair bit.

8 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Also I changed my tactics to balanced rather than constant pressure, seems to have helped a fair bit.

That definitely helps! High Pressure / Team Press tires the team out very quickly. I tend to save that for later on if needed. 

Out of curiosity what is everyone’s game record? I’ve only played like 30 games on FUT so far, suppose the more you play the more you earn the more packs you open etc.. does everyone save up for the mega packs and ignore the gold packs?

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Out of curiosity what is everyone’s game record? I’ve only played like 30 games on FUT so far, suppose the more you play the more you earn the more packs you open etc.. does everyone save up for the mega packs and ignore the gold packs?

Whatever you do, don't spend any coins opening packs. You'll only regret it. Spend your coins on upgrading your players, win more matches, receive more / better free packs. 

On your team, my advice as someone who (somewhat embarrassingly) has played literally thousands of matches over the years would be:

Ditch Pickford. He's too short, and given how overpowered crosses are at the moment an extra couple of inches makes a big difference. I'd look at Leno.

RB - get Walker when you have enough. Until then, that Trippier on your bench is probably as good as any.

Midfield is where I reckon you can see an easy improvement. Alli and Kovacic won't really do the job they should where they are now. I'd drop Fred back to CDM, and throw your current coins at Fabinho or Fernandinho. 

Fred and Fabinho sitting, and either move Alli up to CAM, or drop Jesus back there and stick someone like Lacazette up top. 

Then - when you get bored of it, sell the lot and try a different league. Serie A I think works the best for a starter team.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

Â