UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

On 01/01/2008 at 15:53, BOF said:

Not a fan myself. We've had a Fedor Emelianenko discussion on here before. He's a reason to watch it, but I'm a sumo man myself :):thumb:

2nd post in the thread, but Fedor finally retires.

OJ0A4TA.png

Renzo, Rampage, Sonnen, Royce, Chuck, Barnett, Hughes, Shamrock, Couture, Coleman and Henderson, quite the lineup of allstars from the past

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

2nd post in the thread, but Fedor finally retires.

OJ0A4TA.png

Renzo, Rampage, Sonnen, Royce, Chuck, Barnett, Hughes, Shamrock, Couture, Coleman and Henderson, quite the lineup of allstars from the past

I'd bang emm all out. 😂

Very quiet in here, has everyone switched to Power Slap? Superb battle between Volkanovski and Makhachev. Think the decision was correct although with another minute or two Volk looked like winning.

• Like 1

Sometimes you look at 2 fighters at the end and think one guy won that….

Volk basically neutralized most of the ground game but Islam was better stood up than most would have thought. Very close fight and can’t complain about 2 of the scorecards, the wide one though 😳.

Great fight in the end though, not sure it’s worth taking a rematch because you can only see it going the same way, he’ll take any close rounds and then almost certainly take a round by just holding onto his back, seems like you get the round regardless of whether you actually do any work, it’s wrong for me. 

The reaction of Jens Pulver when they inducted him in the Hall of fame and he found out live on the PPV. **** awesome 🥲

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

To win that fight after that lay off was special. This opens up the whole division now.

There's something right about having Jones back in the ufc, just the in ring version mind.

Just hope he can keep in together outside of the ring.

The fact that guys like Jon Jones are not banned for life is a huge reason why I lost interest in the UFC a long time ago. Getting a slap on the wrist for using steroids and what not in a sport where you can seriously hurt and maim your opponent is just wrong. Should go to jail not be paid big money.

I know doping is an integral part of US sports but I don't like it and any accomplishment done with the help of it doesn't count imo. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

The fact that guys like Jon Jones are not banned for life is a huge reason why I lost interest in the UFC a long time ago. Getting a slap on the wrist for using steroids and what not in a sport where you are can seriously hurt and maim your opponent is just wrong. Should go to jail not be paid big money.

I know doping is an integral part of US sports but I don't like it and any accomplishment done with the help of it doesn't count imo. 

Yeah, he's a terrible human and seems to have got away with it all. 

I've got no interest cheering people like that on. 

• Like 1

Gane looked like a deer in the headlights. I think the occasion got to him.

Still, to come back and win like that after 3 years and in a different division is impressive. I'm not really sure what other HW is going to give him much of a problem. Pavlovich is on his way up, but it sounds like it's Jones v Miocic next.

Brilliant win for Grasso too!

• Like 1

Â