UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

3 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Oliveira out of next week's main event, bummer! Was gonna be a crazy main event. Split his eyebrow open when sparring the day before he was gonna fly out. Volk to replace him!

What an absolute badass Volk is for taking that fight on 11 days notice. I have a sneaky feeling that he might just do it this time...

Lots of UFC news today! This one is not good:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2023/10/11/23913573/ufc-usada-parting-ways-2024-usada-claims-relationship-became-untenable-over-conor-mcgregor-situation

The United States Anti-Doping Agency will no longer oversee the UFC’s anti-doping program once their current contract expires at the end of 2023.

We can confirm that Conor McGregor has re-entered the USADA testing pool as of Sunday, October 8, 2023,” Tygart said. “We have been clear and firm with the UFC that there should be no exception given by the UFC for McGregor to fight until he has returned two negative tests and been in the pool for at least six months. The rules also allow USADA to keep someone in the testing pool longer before competing based on their declarations upon entry in the pool and testing results.

So basically, because USADA wouldn't budge for Dana's golden boy McGregor, the agreement between the UFC and USADA will be finished as of 1st Jan 2024. I'm sure that McGregor's piss would've blown that lab to pieces a few weeks ago. He should have to abide by the same rules as everyone else. The UFC needs to move on from him anyway. I think he's finished at the top end of the division (whatever bloody division he thinks he'll be fighting in, anyway).

3 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Lots of UFC news today! This one is not good:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2023/10/11/23913573/ufc-usada-parting-ways-2024-usada-claims-relationship-became-untenable-over-conor-mcgregor-situation

I'm sure that McGregor's piss would've blown that lab to pieces a few weeks ago.

:crylaugh:

So what does it mean for their testing?

Are they allowed to just not test people or they can do it themselves? Which will lead to their stars being allowed to pump themselves full of everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Good card. I think as good as Chimaev is it's a matter of time before he get's caught. His defense when striking isn't great in reverse. Has a great equalizer with his wrestling though. 

I thought Volks looked too top heavy at 155. That weight jump when your a short dude isn't a great idea against a naturally bigger fighter, especially at short notice. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dubbs said:

Aspinall got a brutal KO in the first round this morning to win the interim heavyweight belt.  Amazingly quick hands for a big guy.

He is an outlier. No HW moves like him, and he is proper big as well. 265 solid. Jones or Stipe will have a BIG problem on their hands

• Like 1

Absolutely buzzing for Aspinall. Phenomenal finish against an absolute beast in Pavlovich. I'm not sure what they're going to do with him now though. Dana has said that Jones will still fight Stipe next when he recovers from his surgery (who knows how long that will be?). How long are they going to keep Tom waiting? He's interim champ, he needs to fight the champ next. 

Jiri v Alex was a good fight but that stoppage was definitely a tad early.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â