World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

33 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I just don't see the need for the anti English team sentiment on what is an English football forum.

I hadn't realised Forums had nationalities ;)

But back on topic, how many English fans laughed when Germany went out? In the same way that "It's coming home" is just a bit of fun, so is the ribbing of England by the non-English fans on this forum. If you see that as people being hellbent on ruining your enjoyment, I suspect you don't really understand how supporting football really works.

As a life-long Scot, I can confirm though that I will be cheering on England tonight. This is in no way connected to the fact that I have France and England in the sweep at work though. 

• Like 3

We aren't exactly a well liked nation generally around the world I find. Perhaps our history has more to do with that than sport or hooligans. :ph34r:

I don't care if people want to come in here and cheer on Croatia. It's actual bantz innit? Unlike all this bus/ambulance smashing nonsense.

That's the only bit that winds me up is when the rest of the world thinks that's what we're all like. As if we all walk around in bowler hats or something. #beerisfordrinking

• Like 4

Regardless of the outcome tonight I fear it might become ugly for the fans.

Both Croatia and England have their fair share of morons and the game is played in Moscow so there might very well be groups from those teams around town and they are no fun.

Hopefully Putin has put a rein on them, but I fear it might kick off.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Regardless of the outcome tonight I fear it might become ugly for the fans.

Both Croatia and England have their fair share of morons and the game is played in Moscow so there might very well be groups from those teams around town and they are no fun.

Hopefully Putin has put a rein on them, but I fear it might kick off.

This was my fear ahead of the tournament but having spoken to a couple of guys at work who've already returned from Russia, it seems that the whole event is being organised really well. There seems to be a really good security set-up over there but with an obvious and somewhat threatening police presence to deter anyone from kicking off.

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

LOL at the notion that the Russian Police will put up with shit from any countries football fans :lol:  

They'd be **** destroyed in a Gulag.  

Yup.  Banning orders for the Russian hooligans seen at the Euros seem to have been 100% effective (unless something is being masked...).  Where there is a lack of respect/fear when abroad, misbehaving in Russia would bring an entirely different scenario.

5 hours ago, choffer said:

I hadn't realised Forums had nationalities ;)

But back on topic, how many English fans laughed when Germany went out? In the same way that "It's coming home" is just a bit of fun, so is the ribbing of England by the non-English fans on this forum. If you see that as people being hellbent on ruining your enjoyment, I suspect you don't really understand how supporting football really works.

As a life-long Scot, I can confirm though that I will be cheering on England tonight. This is in no way connected to the fact that I have France and England in the sweep at work though. 

Alo Scottish & don't care whether England lose tonight or in the final ;)

Southgate deserves a knighthood regardless of outcome with getting this far with that midfield

Biggest England winner is Baddiel and Skinner. Lads making a fortune

• Like 1

Still can't believe we got this far.  I thought there was at least 8 teams better than us going into the World Cup, and the best we could hope for was to get through the group and maybe benefit from one of the big teams slipping up, but everything's just worked out great including the system Southgate has pulled out of nowhere.  Come on England!

I don't want to see any of the usual Villa match thread comments: 

FFS

Game over

I'm out

Spineless bottlers

Let's just have plenty of: 

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! 

Â