World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

That 2nd goal isn't a defensive mistake you see at Sunday league level. Why are they not charging out as it's cleared!?

Manzukic was literally dying on his feet and if you watch the replay, Stones is too busy blowing out of his arse to give a shit. 

Proud of how far we came but can't forgive that defending. Pathetic. 

• Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

It’s odd that Kane will probably win golden boot but was very quiet this tournament. He was always very deep leaving Sterling who is a poor finisher up top alone

We were Kane's composure away from being in the final.

The team have been practising penalties. Was it all Kane practised? 

Some penalties, a goal deflected off his heel, and one goal in open play against Panama. His # of goals scored certainly don't tell the whole story, he's been disappointing in open play. 

• Like 1

Croatia were better from 2nd half onwards. We should have been 3-0 up, instead we lacked clinical finishing again, and were punished. It was a very tired disappointing second half onwards really, but there we go. 

Onwards to the most pointless match in history, the 3rd or 4th place match. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

We were Kane's composure away from being in the final.

The team have been practising penalties. Was it all Kane practised? 

Some penalties, a goal deflected off his heel, and one goal in open play against Panama. His # of goals scored certainly don't tell the whole story, he's been disappointing in open play. 

Agreed. And, bottom line, had he lifted his head up and realised Sterling had a tap-in in the first half we wouldn't be out now. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

That 2nd goal isn't a defensive mistake you see at Sunday league level. Why are they not charging out as it's cleared!?

Manzukic was literally dying on his feet and if you watch the replay, Stones is too busy blowing out of his arse to give a shit. 

It was the worst of both worlds, didn’t push out and didn’t react to the run. Caught napping.

Shows we need better technical players to compete against the best.

Pace and energy gets you so far, but the lack of composure in the final 3rd from the likes of lingard and sterling is always going to hold you back, although you cant fault their effort

Not a surprise to me. But we have shown the beginnings of a potentially very good team - with another 4 years of experience and some of the excellent youngsters coming through to bolster the team, maybe next time we can mount a real challenge?

I am not disappointed at all with this result. I just hope we can see it as a great starting point and build on this.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair I thought Maguire had Mandzukic when the ball got cleared and when it came back in he'd moved onto Stones' shoulder so they're equally to blame.  I'd put it down to mental fatigue as much as anything.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Â