Cyberpunk 2077

Chindie

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The apology full of lies and misdirection from the founder today has properly put my back up. I might pick it up when there's a properly fixed, working and cheap GOTY edition in 2-3 years.

They didn't see any of the performance issues on consoles in their internal testing. Absolute bullshit. They'd need to have been playing with the TV turned off. And if that's the case, why did the prohibit reviewers using their own footage? They knew, they got greedy, they shipped it anyway, and even now they're shamelessly lying about it. 

Agree apart from the greedy bit

It sounds like small studio had a massive success with their last game got eyes that were too big tried to make a game that they weren't capable of making and needed external investors to pay for its development, promises were made to the investors that they couldn't keep due to the size and skill of the team and they've ended up crumbling under pressure and released something a mixture of too early and on the last gen due to the number of owners just to appease the money men 

I don't think they've got greedy I think they've got too ambitious 

• Like 3

It's a funny one, I have a PS4 Pro as does a chap up the street and whilst it has only crashed once for me he's had endless crashes and had to put the game on the backburner whilst they sort out all the reported issues.

I've probably sunk about twenty hours into this game so far which for me is huge as my gaming days since retiring from WoW appear to be behind me now. I reckon I'm only a fraction into it so far but am absolutely loving it, bugs and all.

It's hilarious parking up at the kerb, running into a bar to do something and on return to my motor finding huge tailbacks because nobody in Night City knows how to overtake. :D 

i got to somewhere over 10 crashes before coming off it to play Valhalla

apart form the crashes i didnt find it that buggy if im honest, nothing to ruin it anyway

the biggest problem is im also not finding it anything that special, as a package, gameplay, gunplay, story, graphics, RPG elements etc ive not found anything yet that really excels, the driving is awful, the guns are really hit and miss, the hacking stuff doesnt do much for me, the story is ok, the city falls really flat not only because it fails to feel as lived in as it should be also because it feels monotonous so far, the districts arent working for me, not enough variance or interest defining them which is something GTA nails

i will no doubt go back to it in the future but i dont enjoy it enough to restart it

Yes and no IMO

Its got bags of potential but then as these types of games are it throws a ton at you straight away and then gets diluted by the fact that you can avoid the story for 20 to 30 hours and then go back to it 

I've got 2 or 3 main story missions to do and then 10+ side missions, another 5+ car missions and then some other random things on the go

The overwhelming nature of it detracts from the story, there have been a few side missions I've done where I haven't got a clue what's going on 

But that's the same for the witcher, fallout, even the likes of AC and far cry 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yes and no IMO

Its got bags of potential but then as these types of games are it throws a ton at you straight away and then gets diluted by the fact that you can avoid the story for 20 to 30 hours and then go back to it 

I've got 2 or 3 main story missions to do and then 10+ side missions, another 5+ car missions and then some other random things on the go

The overwhelming nature of it detracts from the story, there have been a few side missions I've done where I haven't got a clue what's going on 

But that's the same for the witcher, fallout, even the likes of AC and far cry 

ah yes, i should have asked if the MAIN story is any good (ignoring the 30 hours of side missions and random stuff to do).

So Horizon Zero Dawn had a fantastic main story, Shadow Tomb Raider terrible main story (but strangely some great side missions), Far Cry 3 decent story, Witcher 3 poor main story but the world made up for it. 

Edited by ender4

From the 15 to 20 hours I've played I would say it's just about good enough to stand out from everything else going on

But only just 

I was tending to look at my play time and where I was when I picked main story or side quests, if I thought there was a side quest that would take 5 mins that was 200m away from me then I was doing that rather than the main story, I wasn't desperate to drive the game forward 

Did find myself watching some YouTube videos "what to do first" to see what cool stuff I was missing, say I was playing it 10 hours a week for 2 weeks i reckon around 8 of my 20 went in to the main story 

• 1 month later...

Anybody had any experience lately with this on PS5? I stopped playing before Xmas as I experienced a few crashes and frankly couldn't be arsed getting any further into it if there was a chance of losing my progress mid-mission. I'm a bit out of the loop with the updates and couldn't see anything online as to whether the issues on next gen consoles are mostly fixed or not.

58 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Anybody had any experience lately with this on PS5? I stopped playing before Xmas as I experienced a few crashes and frankly couldn't be arsed getting any further into it if there was a chance of losing my progress mid-mission. I'm a bit out of the loop with the updates and couldn't see anything online as to whether the issues on next gen consoles are mostly fixed or not.

It's going to be about the same as it was before Christmas. CD Projekt have only released one major patch since launch as the second major patch (which is said to be massive) was delayed after the company suffered a major data breach following a hack. There is no word on when the next patch is coming. That said even on PS5 you're still playing the broken PS4 version, if you're willing to wait until late-2021 for the PS5 upgrade to come out then that's probably the best option. Not only will the upgrade look better and perform better, but it'll also benefit from a years worth of patches. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

It's going to be about the same as it was before Christmas. CD Projekt have only released one major patch since launch as the second major patch (which is said to be massive) was delayed after the company suffered a major data breach following a hack. There is no word on when the next patch is coming. That said even on PS5 you're still playing the broken PS4 version, if you're willing to wait until late-2021 for the PS5 upgrade to come out then that's probably the best option. Not only will the upgrade look better and perform better, but it'll also benefit from a years worth of patches. 

Think that's what I'll do now, just wait until the proper next gen version is out (though I wouldn't be surprised if that's gonna be completely knackered as well!)

• Like 1

I think you’ll be lucky if the ps5/SX versions come out this year. I have a gut feeling they will be pushed to 2022. I honestly believe the current games are so unfinished and broken that they will stabilise the current build over the next few patches until the summer then start adding in missing features/fixing broken ones up to autumn winter. Then they will start on the ‘next gen’ stuff. I believe they aren’t telling everyone just how bad it currently is and just how much longer it will take to get to the finish line. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Wouldn't even touch this game even for fre with how broken, bug ridden and glitchy it is.

Glad I stayed away.

the fact you say you havent played it because of how broken, bug ridden and glitchy it is, kinda shows you havent played it and assessed it for yourself m8.

I cant speak for consoles, but i have played it through a couple of times on PC, and tbh there werent many bugs or issues at all, yeah there were a few, but nothing game breaking.

I dont deny some of the consoles had issues, but generally speaking i think the drama over the game being "broken" is overhyped by click baiters and haters.

Overall though, i agree the game probably needed another year of development before release, CDPR made a mistake releasing it when they did, but i also think the hyperbole around the game being unplayable (generally speaking), was completely blown out of all proportion.

Yeah it was playable and it some parts quite good 

It just wasn't the 10/10 stone cold killer thatvi hoped it would be

But that's also not because of bugs and glitches, there are some gameplay choices and a lot of cut corners as well story elements that don't quite pay off

The easiest corner cut explanation is the AI inability to drive around a car parked in the middle of the street, that's not a glitch or a bug that's gameplay 

I'm maybe 15 hours in to it when I stopped playing, I didn't enjoy the story enough to replay those 15 hours when the PS5 version finally comes out, that's because of the story / gameplay, it's not the bugs that are keeping me away 

Its a 7/10 game that I don't want to sink 100 hrs + in to 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I see they’ve fixed the frame rate on PS4 Pro kind of by just completely removing stuff like chairs, benches, adverts, complete lighting systems indoors etc... I guess you can save on rendering by not having to render at all lol. 

Im sticking with what I said, they are hiding (poorly) just how unfinished this game really is. They aimed for next gen and nerfed the other versions instead of building for base consoles then adding things on top as you go through the more powerful consoles. 

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

the fact you say you havent played it because of how broken, bug ridden and glitchy it is, kinda shows you havent played it and assessed it for yourself m8.

I cant speak for consoles, but i have played it through a couple of times on PC, and tbh there werent many bugs or issues at all, yeah there were a few, but nothing game breaking.

I dont deny some of the consoles had issues, but generally speaking i think the drama over the game being "broken" is overhyped by click baiters and haters.

Overall though, i agree the game probably needed another year of development before release, CDPR made a mistake releasing it when they did, but i also think the hyperbole around the game being unplayable (generally speaking), was completely blown out of all proportion.

The game has been judge by an overwhelming amount of people who have had it across all platforms to be a total let down in every direction mate.

Sure I have not had it, but when many pc players, console players who are giving it the negative because of all that I mentioned it usually means steer clear.

So many had high hopes for the game but it was bug ridden, glitch infested, there were points in the story you couldn't even go past because it would let you.

All this also didn't come from just the fans, the developers acknowledged the let down to fans also and Sony themselves offered players there money back not sure on Microsoft.

Now whether recently the Devs are fixing the game and some things have been fixed is another question entirely, but when developers themselves come out and publicly apologize for there cock up you especially know they got it wrong.

It certainly did need more time, it deserved more time but been as the only game these Devs have ever really done right is the Witcher series, you could kind of feel where this was going to go on a quick released project.

It's a shame, maybe they can turn it around it's not impossible 

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah it was playable and it some parts quite good 

It just wasn't the 10/10 stone cold killer thatvi hoped it would be

But that's also not because of bugs and glitches, there are some gameplay choices and a lot of cut corners as well story elements that don't quite pay off

The easiest corner cut explanation is the AI inability to drive around a car parked in the middle of the street, that's not a glitch or a bug that's gameplay 

I'm maybe 15 hours in to it when I stopped playing, I didn't enjoy the story enough to replay those 15 hours when the PS5 version finally comes out, that's because of the story / gameplay, it's not the bugs that are keeping me away 

Its a 7/10 game that I don't want to sink 100 hrs + in to 

i see your points, to be honest Witcher 3 was glitchy at release and turned in to a masterpiece, but that wasnt "expected" so it was allowed to develop and CDPR werent hung for it.

I think Cyberpunks single biggest problem overall, is that it didnt, and probably never could have......lived up to the levels of hype and desire that many people had while waiting for this game.

Not gonna lie, i loved Witcher 3 and probably hoped a little too hard for Cyberpunk 2077, i do think Cyberpunk is a very good game, but i also think the problem is that we all (or most) hoped it would be an 11/10 next generation of game, taking the genre to an entirely new level, and CDPR fed the hype tbh......and in reality....it was on to a loser even before all of the problems arose, as it just.....was never gonna live up to the expectations.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Â