Cyberpunk 2077

Chindie

I've been waiting for a collection of bugs and glitches to make it's way to YouTube. Dunkey saves the day: 

It's actually a very interesting review too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Ffs that was actually a bug? Face Palm GIF

Unfortunately it was.

Not an issue on the console versions apparently, but a fair few PC players ran into their saves being permanently corrupted just for playing the game a lot.

On 27/12/2020 at 20:21, dubbs said:

So for anyone playing on playstation, how's the performance and bugs situation with the latest patch installed?

It’s a lot better now, still has the odd crash and a few glitches but nowhere near as bad as it was. I only had the one crash yesterday after 3-4 hours of play. I occasionally see the odd NPC floating in the air as well.

I have decided to keep the game now, rather than returning it for a refund. I think the promised patches due in Jan and Feb will be the big game changers, then we will see the game we expected.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Got this for Christmas but haven't started it yet, waiting on the major patches.

Does anyone know when the next gen update is due?

All they've said is due 2021.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Got this for Christmas but haven't started it yet, waiting on the major patches.

Does anyone know when the next gen update is due?

"At some point in 2021" was the latest quote, it's a very non-committal quote and that is deliberate.

I have a feeling that the next-gen update will be pushed into 2022. They have way too much work on their hands fixing the game to consider other platforms and I think they knew that before release.

That said I truly hope they get a next-gen update out next-year, but after the launch they have had I have no idea what post-launch is looking like now. 

I'm about 3 hours in, what a weird game 

The good is that you can still kind of get a sense that you're going to get hooked and that there will be a good game in there somewhere, the story and conversations are OK and the setting is good

The bad... Technically I've seen some bugs but nothing crazy, walking through doors that don't open, one crash, I have a problem with this kind of game anyway, I'm sure the witcher was the same, fallout definitely was, it's very overwhelming, loads of inventory stuff and loot thrown at you from the off and it will take me a long time to properly get in to the hacking and I'll probably never get fully in to the stealth if I can help it but none of that are my biggest problem, my biggest problem is the gameplay which I think is ropey, the performance stuff I can understand and it will be patched and really it's for the next gen and blah blah so I can excuse it but the car mechanics... Oof, gta 4 was doing it better 10 years ago, the gunplay reminds me a bit of borderlands and again they did it better 10 years ago, maybe as I progress something might come up which changes my mind but at the moment it seems like all the effort has gone in to night city and not the gameplay 

we are at the end of the generation or the start of the new one which ever way you want to look at it and this game should have been either a huge step forward or defining and yet to me the core gameplay feels really badly dated and they're not patching that out 

Been playing this for the last 4 or 5 days on the XSX (performance mode 60fps) and absolutely loving it. Lucky I've ran into very few bugs, had some dumb ones like on one mission I couldn't lose any health. That was fun. 

I do find myself going gun blazing in every mission I do as the stealth side of things just isn't for me. Though, I'm quite invested in the story and a lot of the characters within it. It's probably the best open world game I've played and that includes the Witcher 3 which I found quite dull after a day or two. 

It's a shame the game wasn't delayed for another 6-12 months to really polish it. But there's a very good game there as it is. On XSX at least, can't speak for last gen consoles and I wouldn't dare even try to play it on them. 

• Like 2

Though one thing I did forget to mention, is this game really hurts my eyes. If I play for an hour or two I get really bad eye strain and it's horrible. The only other game I've had that on was GTA. So not sure what causes it but be warned. 

On 31/12/2020 at 00:16, villa4europe said:

The good is that you can still kind of get a sense that you're going to get hooked and that there will be a good game in there somewhere

Another few hours last night and yeah I'm close to this point already 

The hotel mission was great, even if the BD stuff was mind boggling, again you know what's coming, can't wait to fight smasher 

i learnt so much about what i did wrong in my first playthrough (build wise), i actually didnt finish the first play through, i got to about 75% complete and restarted the game and built the build i wanted after realising the huge mistakes i made in play through 1 with skill and perk points etc, not wasting money and buying the right things / finding the right stuff etc etc.

On 02/01/2021 at 21:39, MaVilla said:

tell u what tho.....

Welcome to a world where a frickin computer game puts out 10+ better amazingly banging tracks than 99.9% of the actual music artists on this planet :P

Soundtrack to the game is pretty decent, but I think that they are all real bands behind the tracks, refused being the main one (who are Samurai). 

That being said, there appears to be many music references as well including the mission names and random ones such as this one:

This is almost certainly a reference (album only has 4 tracks) and are 2 relatively up and coming British metal bands that someone outside the scene would not have a clue about. Album is utterly brilliant as well. 

• Like 2

Driving is my biggest pain, that's where all my random crashes are, up to about 6 now, might try using the fast travel to get around instead 

Definitely in to it now though, got the fenrir which is awesome, got the hang of the puzzles, going through some side stuff and fixer missions 

It is a bit like fallout where the amount of gear and loot is overwhelming, don't remember the witcher being that bad, getting in to the habit of looting everything then scrapping it

On 06/01/2021 at 19:30, villa4europe said:

Driving is my biggest pain, that's where all my random crashes are, up to about 6 now, might try using the fast travel to get around instead 

Definitely in to it now though, got the fenrir which is awesome, got the hang of the puzzles, going through some side stuff and fixer missions 

It is a bit like fallout where the amount of gear and loot is overwhelming, don't remember the witcher being that bad, getting in to the habit of looting everything then scrapping it

in all honestly, i use motorbikes to get around (or fast travel), i literally never drive a car.......bikes are so much better for zipping around.

Only use my car for a stash.....

Tonight's the first time I've had it crash mid mission, it was about 10 mins in to a gun for hire job, I'd cleared out a nightclub and looted it, maybe 75% through, 2 guys left to kill 

Proper pissed off with that, turned it off and it'll be a couple of days before I go back to it 

As much as I was enjoying this, I've decided to stop and hang fire until it's fixed. It sucks when you get a crash when you're fully engrossed. Free next gen upgrade is confirmed for this year so I'm half considering waiting until then...

The apology full of lies and misdirection from the founder today has properly put my back up. I might pick it up when there's a properly fixed, working and cheap GOTY edition in 2-3 years.

They didn't see any of the performance issues on consoles in their internal testing. Absolute bullshit. They'd need to have been playing with the TV turned off. And if that's the case, why did the prohibit reviewers using their own footage? They knew, they got greedy, they shipped it anyway, and even now they're shamelessly lying about it. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â